Mark Edwards is a highly experienced employee benefits and ERISA lawyer who represents companies in the design, implementation and administration of employee benefit plans and executive compensation matters. His employee benefits practice is far-reaching and includes:
- Qualified and non-qualified pension benefit arrangements
- Plan compliance with the Affordable Care Act and HIPAA
- Health and welfare plans
- Executive deferred and stock and other equity-based compensation arrangements
- Compliance with IRC Section 409A
- Corporate and lending transactions, and mergers and acquisitions
- Stock and asset purchases
- Trust and fiduciary matters
- Regulatory audits with the IRS and Department of Labor
- Administrative proceedings with the IRS, PBGC, Department of Labor and Department of Health and Human Services
- Employee benefit matters relating to collectively bargained employees
Mark is frequently hired by both private and public companies, and he is known as always being responsive and available to handle a query about a topic or concern. Consequently, clients hire Mark for as long as they are in the workplace – they know that he is up to speed on the latest issues of the day and anything related to employee benefits.
When disputes arise, Mark is the strategy leader, working closely with Gardere’s trial team on ERISA litigation matters. Mark also works closely with Gardere’s corporate team on M&A and equity compensation design and implementation matters.