Recognized since 2001
San Francisco, California
Banking and Finance Law
Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law
Hale Boggs is a leading legal and business advisor to entrepreneurs and investors in emerging companies, with a particular focus on digital media. From Los Angeles to Silicon Valley and beyond, he works with innovative technology companies across the spectrum of their business cycles, from start-up through late-stage. Hale focuses on venture capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities offerings, and joint ventures.
Hale represents numerous venture capital funds in Southern and Northern California, advising funds and their portfolio companies in a wide range of corporate transactions as they raise and deploy capital across the entertainment, media and technology industries.
Hale regularly acts as outside general counsel to his clients, drawing on more than thirty years of experience to provide strategic corporate counseling on issues including equity compensation matters, SEC reporting and disclosure, complex corporate partnering transactions, intellectual property licensing, and corporate governance.
Hale has been recognized as a top lawyer in multiple consecutive years by Best Lawyers in America, the Daily Journal, and Lawdragon 500, and he has been named several times to Variety’s Legal Impact Report—one of the most prestigious accolades in the media and entertainment industry.
Prior to joining O’Melveny, Hale was chair of the media, technology, and advertising division and venture capital/emerging companies practice of a prominent national legal and professional services firm.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.omm.com/professionals/thomas-hale-boggs/
- Two Embarcadero Center, 28th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
- University of California - Los Angeles, J.D., graduated 1986
- Stanford University, B.A. with honors, graduated 1983
- California, State Bar of California
- UCLA - Advisory Board
- BizWorld Foundation - Chairman of the Board of Directors
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law, Los Angeles (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Venture Capital
- Named as one of the “500 Leading Lawyers in America” in the 2014-2015 Lawdragon 500 guide
- Named as one of the “Top Emerging Companies Lawyers in California” by the Daily Journal, February 2014
- Named to Variety’s Legal Impact Report (2013, 2017)
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® (2000-2020); named “Lawyer of the Year” by Best Lawyers for Private Funds / Hedge Funds Law, Los Angeles (2015)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.