Suzzanne Uhland is a partner in O’Melveny’s New York and San Francisco offices and Chair of the US Restructuring Practice. Suzzanne represents parties in Chapter 11 reorganizations and out of court restructurings and buyers and sellers in Bankruptcy Code Section 363(b) sales and other distress transactions. She also practices with the Firm’s Transactions attorneys, both in bankruptcy cases and in structuring transactions to avoid bankruptcy-related risks. Suzzanne has substantial experience in bankruptcy and insolvency-related litigation, frequently working with members of O’Melveny’s Litigation Department. Suzzanne has a significant range of experience in real estate, energy, technology, and municipal financings and restructurings.
Suzzanne is consistently recognized as one of the leading restructuring lawyers in the United States. Chambers and Partners USA has recognized Suzzanne for her restructuring work over a number of years (2008-2019). In particular Chambers recognizes Suzzanne as “very smart” and “a very brilliant and technical lawyer.”
In addition, Suzzanne was selected by her peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, and was recently a recipient of Global M&A Network’s Top USA Woman Dealmakers Award.
Suzzanne has considerable experience representing:
- Debtors-in-possession, creditors, and DIP lenders in chapter 11 cases of public and private companies
- Businesses in connection with out of court restructurings and debt renegotiations
- Private equity and hedge fund clients in distressed investments and portfolio company restructurings
- Financial institutions and public and private companies in connection with credit financing transactions
- Licensors and licensees of intellectual property in connection with preserving or acquiring intellectual property rights in distressed situations