Recognized since 2001
Rochester, New York
Collaborative Law: Family Law
Family Law Mediation
As a Collaborative lawyer and Mediator, I help couples divorce intelligently and creatively, considerate of one another and of their children. After forty years as a family law and matrimonial lawyer, my practice is limited to Collaborative Law and Mediation. I believe that people facing separation and divorce should be given the opportunity to choose a process for resolving their differences that honors their participation and trusts their ability to make the very best decisions for themselves and their families.
For the first twenty years of my practice, I was a litigator. Recognizing that 95% of my cases were able to be settled short of a full trial, I took basic and advanced mediation trainings. In 2001, after hearing about a new process model, I was the first in Rochester, NY to attend a training in Collaborative Law. After coming back to Rochester “on fire”, the Collaborative model was introduced to a group of matrimonial lawyers and we put together a first training here in November of 2001.
My practice has been limited to Collaborative Law and Mediation since 2004. As a founding member of the Collaborative Law Association of the Rochester Area, Inc. (CLARA), I served as the first President of our organization, then as a board member and now as an active member. Involved in Collaborative Law and Mediation trainings across the United States and Canada, I am committed to helping lawyers and allied professionals (financial neutrals, mental health and mediator/facilitators) represent couples while doing them and their families no harm.
Contact & Links
- 150 Allens Creek Road, Suite 200
Rochester, NY 14618
- The University of Arizona , JD, graduated 1981
- The University of Arizona, BA, graduated 1972
- Pennsylvania, 1982 (retired)
- Arizona, 1983 (retired)
- New York, 1988
- Assisting Children through Transition (the A.C.T. Program) - Past Board Member
- Collaborative Law Association of the Rochester Area (CLARA) - Past President, Past Board Member and Current Member
- Inns of Court (Rochester Chapter) - Past President and Member
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals - Past Board Member and Current Member
- New York State Council on Divorce Mediation - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Family Law, Rochester-NY (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Collaborative Law: Family Law
- Family Law Mediation
- Family Law
- Collaborative Law
- Best Lawyers in America since 1995
- Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year in Family Law (2021)
- New York State Super Lawyer since 2007
- AV Rated by Martindale Hubbell
- Rochester Business Journal Best Family Mediator
- Rochester Business Journal top family lawyer and Collaborative lawyer
- The Daily Record (Rochester) Nathaniel Award Finalist 2002
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.