Recognized since 2024
Raleigh, North Carolina
Litigation - Health Care
Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Susan is a shareholder at Young Moore and member of its health care practice team where she represents hospitals, physicians, and other health care providers in a variety of matters including medical malpractice defense and general liability. She also advises clients on avoiding and managing risk.
Susan began her legal career as a law clerk to Chief Judge Arnold at the North Carolina Court of Appeals following graduation from law school in 1997. She had an extensive career in private practice defending healthcare providers before accepting an appointment with the North Carolina Department of Justice in January of 2013 where she defended North Carolina state agencies in medical malpractice claims and other catastrophic injury cases. She returned to private practice joining Young Moore in August of 2017.
Susan is a native of Fayetteville, North Carolina and a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and the University of North Carolina School of Law. She has received an AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale Hubbell and is recognized in North Carolina Super Lawyers (2012) as a “Rising Star” in the area of medical malpractice.
- E-mail: Susan.Fountain@youngmoorelaw.com
- Direct Phone Number: 919-861-5110
- Phone Number: 919-782-6860
- Lawyer Page: https://www.youngmoorelaw.com/people/attorneys/susan-t-fountain/
- 3101 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200
P.O. Box 31627
Raleigh, NC 27622-1627
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., graduated 1997
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., with distinction, graduated 1994
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association
- Virginia, Virginia State Bar
- American Society of Healthcare Risk Management, North Carolina Chapter - Member
- Susie Sharpe Inn of Court - Member
- NC Bar Association - Member of Litigation Section, Former member of Medico-Legal Liaison Committee, Past Chair of Young Lawyer’s Division Citizenship Education Committee
- Wake County Bar Association and Tenth Judicial District Bar - Former Member of Swearing In Committee
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys - Member
- Litigation - Health Care
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.