Recognized since 2008
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Litigation - Intellectual Property
Litigation - Patent
Ms. Kornfield assists clients in intellectual property matters, including information systems acquisition, copyrights, trademarks, e-commerce, noncompete agreements and other post employment restrictions, and protection against economic espionage. She handles transactional and litigation matters and has been lead counsel in national intellectual property litigation.
She has been selected as an expert witness, mediator, and arbitrator in intellectual property disputes. She serves on an Advisory Committee to Stanford University on matters involving libraries and academic information resources, and lectures at universities, legal conferences, and business workshops on IP issues. Ms. Kornfield has authored several articles about intellectual property law.
Ms. Kornfield is a member of numerous national, state, and local bar associations and committees relating to technology law, intellectual property law, and entertainment law.
Ms. Kornfield is the Chair of Bodman's Intellectual Property Practice Group. She is co-Chair of Bodman PLC's Pro Bono Committee and has dedicated more than 10,000 hours to pro bono work since becoming a lawyer. She also served as a member of Bodman's Executive Committee for many years.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.bodmanlaw.com/attorneys/susan-m-kornfield
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 201 South Division Street, Suite 400
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
- Indiana University Bloomington, J.D.
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, B.A.
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- Illinois, State of Illinois Bar
- Stanford University - Member, Stanford Libraries Advisory Council
- University of Michigan College of Engineering - Emeritus Advisory Board Member, Center for Entrpreneurship
- University of Michigan Law School - Adjunct Professor, Intellectual Property Law
- Washtenaw County Bar Association - Member
- U.S. District Court, ED-Michigan
- U.S. District Court, WD-Michigan
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 2d Cir.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Cir,
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Cir,
- U.S. District Court, ND-Illinois
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Trademark Law, Ann Arbor (2022)
- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Ann Arbor (2021)
- Trademark Law, Ann Arbor (2019)
- Copyright Law, Ann Arbor (2018)
- Trademark Law, Ann Arbor (2017)
- Copyright Law, Ann Arbor (2016)
- Litigation - Patent, Ann Arbor (2015)
- Litigation - Intellectual Property, Ann Arbor (2014)
- Copyright Law, Ann Arbor (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Copyright Law
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
- Trademark Law
- Technology Law
- Business Planning
- Entertainment Law
- Information Technology
- Intellectual Property
- Trade Secrets
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly 2010 “Women in the Law” Award
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2006-2016
- State Bar of Michigan 2014 John W. Cummiskey Pro Bono Award
- Managing Intellectual Property, 2013-2017 “Top 250 Women in IP”
- DBusiness magazine 2009, 2011-2017"Top Lawyer" (Copyright Law, Litigation-IP)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.