Recognized since 2016
Coral Gables, Florida
Criminal Defense: General Practice
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Susan Bozorgi is a founding partner of Bozorgi Law, PLLC formerly Marrero Bozorgi, PL, a firm dedicated to representing individuals and corporations under investigation or charged with criminal offenses or in regulatory matters, with an emphasis on white-collar matters.
Susan has extensive litigation experience, and has litigated in both state and federal courts throughout the country. She has has handled white-collar matters as lead counsel defending individuals charged by the United States Government with offenses including health care fraud, kickback schemes, pharmaceutical fraud, consumer fraud, wire fraud, mail fraud, mortgage fraud, bank fraud, security fraud, insider trading, money laundering, money transmitting violations, and tax offenses. She has represented professionals from all business sectors, including lawyers, doctors, executives, and politicians who are facing either the possibility of a criminal charge or regulatory action or have been formally charged.
In addition to criminal matters Susan Bozorgi represents corporations and individuals under investigation and facing charges by regulatory agencies. She has represented executives and individuals who are targets of investigations being conducted by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and by other regulatory agencies in the health care industry.
Susan is a board member of the prestigious National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) and is Co-Chair of the Defense Function Committee, which serves as the voice of the defense bar for the Criminal Justice Section of the American Bar Association. She has also proven to be a leader for women in the criminal defense field as the founder of the Women Criminal Defense Attorneys Blog, as a city leader for the Women White Collar Defense Association and a former co-chair of the NACDL Women’s Initiative.
Susan is best known for her persistence and perseverance. Many years ago she was noticed as a “Rising Star” in the area of “Criminal Defense: White Collar” by Florida Super Lawyers, is AV-Rated by Martindale Hubbell, and proud to be recognized by the prestige Best Lawyers in a field that she continues to love and feels passionate about.
Susan writes the Women Criminal Defense Attorneys blog, www.WomenCriminalDefenseAttorneys.com.
- 2525 Ponce De Leon Boulevard, Suite 300
Coral Gables, FL 33134
- University of Miami , J.D., graduated 1994
- American University, BA, graduated 1991
- Florida, Florida Bar
- New York, State Bar of New York
- Illinois, Illinois Bar
- District of Columbia, D.C. Bar
- New York, SDNY
- New York, EDNY
- Florida, SDFL
- Florida, MDFL
- ABA Annual White Collar Conference - Panelist, 2014
- ABA Criminal Justice Section - Co-Chair, Defense Function Committee, 2014-present
- American Bar Association, Criminal Justice Section - Member
- CNN Legal Briefs - Legal Commentator
- Criminal Justice Act Panel for SDFL - Member, 2001-2012
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL) - Member and past Board Member, Miami Chapter
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers - Miami Chapter
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee - 1999-2003
- Health Care Fraud, Philadelphia Institute - Panelist, 2014
- Lambda Legal Defense Fund - National Leadership Council
- NACDL - Chair/Co-Chair, Women's Initiative, 2012-present
- NACDL - Membership Committee, 2012-present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) - Member, 1998-present
- National Criminal Defense College - Graduate, 1997
- National Women's White Collar Defense Association - City Leader
- Surviving the Miami Model, University of Miami Conference - Panelist, 2005
- University of Miami Ethics Seminar - Panelist, 2015
- University of Miami School of Law - Guest Lecturer
- University of Miami White Collar Crime - Panelist, 2014
- White Collar Criminal Defense College, Stetson University - Invited Faculty
- Defense Function Committee, ABA CJS - Co-Chair
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) - Board of Directors, 2012-present
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.