Susan E. Basinger
Recognized since 2016
San Diego, California
Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
Throughout her 30-year career, Susan Basinger has effectively handled personal injury and wrongful death cases; medical and legal malpractice actions; and premises and products liability cases.
Ms. Basinger also has extensive experience with complex business disputes, including those involving insurance and contract law, fidelity bond issues, and officer and director liability claims.
Ms. Basinger has served as trial counsel for representative clients such as FedEx Ground Package Services, Inc.; Fitness Quest, Inc.; Sharp HealthCare; HCR Manor Care; Lloyds of London; and Zurich North America. She has tried nearly 20 cases to verdict and has litigated a number of binding arbitrations. She also provides extensive legal services and counsel on contested matters to several San Diego County Tribes, including the Pala Band of Mission Indians and the Barona Band of Mission Indians.
Additionally, Ms. Basinger is frequently called upon to handle cases on behalf of her clients in the pre-litigation stage, and she has had tremendous success in efficiently and cost-effectively resolving the issues her clients face. Her significant analytical skills coupled with her litigation experience has resulted in many long-term client relationships, with her representing some of her clients continuously for nearly 20 years.
Ms. Basinger was admitted to the California Bar and began her practice in San Diego in 1989. Additionally, she is admitted before two United States District Courts and the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Previously, Ms. Basinger was admitted to the Ohio bar in 1987, and practiced for two years with a focus on corporate, transactional, and securities law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://higgslaw.com/attorneys/susan-e-basinger/
- 401 West A Street, Suite 2600
San Diego, CA 92101
- The Ohio State University, J.D., graduated 1987
- The Ohio State University, B.A., graduated 1984
- California, State Bar of California
- Ohio, Ohio State Bar Association
- American Inns of Court, Louis M. Welsh Chapter - Master
- Ohio Bar Association - Member
- San Diego County Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of California - Member
- Rady Children's Hospital Auxiliary Chapter - Chair of the Board, Past Education and Advocacy Chair
25 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
11 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV Preeminent" Rating
- Top Lawyer in San Diego (2013 to 2016)
- Best Lawyers (2013-2016)
Additional Areas of Practice:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Product Liability Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.