Recognized since 2017
“I apply wisdom, experience, tenacity, and compassion to achieve client goals and outcomes consistent with high ethical standards.”
I take time to understand your issues and goals. I am straightforward and give my advice based on a thorough evaluation of the facts, the law, the cost associated with each alternative, and your best interests.
I represent a broad cross-section of individuals and businesses of all sizes, both plaintiffs and defendants. My practice focuses on:
- business litigation ranging from non-compete agreements to trade-secret disputes;
- environmental and toxic tort matters, including clean-up or remediation of contaminated property or release of hazardous chemicals; and
- professional discipline matters involving licensing and credentialing.
I have extensive experience representing healthcare professionals, including doctors, nurses, dentists, and psychologists in disciplinary proceedings. Having served on numerous health licensing boards and as a government regulator, I have chaired or reviewed more than a thousand decisions. I know how the licensing board works and the applicable laws, and I possess the unique perspective of having been on both sides.
I am grateful to receive referrals, including those from opposing attorneys. My work is founded on my reputation for being honest, fair, cooperative, tenacious and ethical.
See my full bio here.
Contact & Links
- 225 South Sixth Street, Suite 1600
Minneapolis, MN 55402
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D.
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
- Minnesota, Minnesota
- American Bar Association, Center for Professional Responsibility - Member
- American Bar Association, Sections on Environment, Energy, Resources and Litigation, and Health Law - Member
- American Society for Pharmacy Law - Member
- Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers - Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Section on Environmental Law - Member
- Military Service; United States Army - Combat Engineer
- Minnesota Pharmacy Benefit Manager Licensure and Regulation Rulemaking Advisory Committee - Member, 2020
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Section on Environmental, Natural Resources, Energy Law, and Health Law - Member
- Minnesota Board of Pharmacy - 2011–Present; President, 2014–2018, 2020; Vice-President, 2013
- Federation of State Medical Boards, Ethics and Professionalism Committee - 2021-present, Editorial Committee Member, May 2020-April 2021, Bylaws Committee Member, May 2019–April 2020
- Minnesota Board of Medical Practice - Public Member, 2018–present; Chair, Policy and Planning Committee, 2019–present
- Minnesota Lawyers Professional Responsibility Board - 2007–2012; Chair, Opinion Committee, 2008–2012
- Fourth Judicial District Ethics Committee - 1999–2006; Vice-Chair, 2005–2006
- St. Louis Park Fire Commission - 2015–present; President 2015, 2018, 2021
- Minnesota Board of Nursing - 2010–2014; Vice-President, 2011–2014
- Minnesota Client Security Board - 2014-2020; Chair, 2019–2020
- National Association of Boards of Pharmacy - 2011–Present; Chair, Constitution and Bylaws Committee, 2018
- Minnesota Board of Psychology - 2014 Member
- Minnesota Drug Formulary Committee - Committee Member 2014-Present;Chair, 2020-present
- United States District Court for the District of Minnesota
- United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- 2020 Notable Hero in Health Care Honoree, Twin Cities Business
- Minnesota's 100 Most Influential Health Care Leaders Honoree, Minnesota Physician
- AV® Preeminent peer review rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- University of North Carolina Law Review
- Selected for inclusion in Minnesota Super Lawyers® sixteen times, including 2011–2021
News & Links
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.