Recognized since 2013
Collaborative Law: Family Law
Now licensed in Colorado as of 2020 - Stuart Skok has expanded her practice to include Colorado family law as Of Counsel with:
Cox, Baker & Page LLC
858 W. Happy Canyon Road, Suite 215
Castle Rock, CO 80108
Principal and owner of Stuart Skok Law LLC, founded in 2017, Stuart Skok handles matters of family law in Maryland, D.C. and Colorado. As one of the Top 100 Matrimonial and Family Law Attorneys in Maryland listed in The National Advocates: Top 100, Ms. Skok consistently has an Avvo “Superb” rating and has received her Civil and Family Law Mediation Certification and Collaborative Law Training Certification. Her book, Handbook on Separation and Divorce in Maryland, Fourth Edition, is available for sale on Amazon.
She earned a Bachelor of Arts in 1991 from the University of Denver before attending West Virginia University College of Law where she obtained her Juris Doctor. Admitted to practice in Maryland and Washington, D.C., and before the U.S. Supreme Court, she is currently a member of the Peer Review Panel for the Attorney Grievance Commission for Maryland. For her high ethical standards and long list of successful results, she holds the highest Peer and Judicial rating possible of AV Preeminent* from Martindale-Hubbell. Ms. Skok has been recognized as one of the Top 50 Women Attorneys in D.C. by Washington Lawyer, the Top 50 Women Attorneys in Maryland by Baltimore magazine, the Top Ten Leaders in Collaborative by Ten Leaders Cooperative and a Top Family Law Attorney by Bethesda Magazine. In 2001, she was given the Commission for Women Dedicated Volunteer Service Award, and is active with organizations that support children with Down Syndrome.
With 25 years of experience, Ms. Skok is highly qualified to handle all matters related to divorce, custody, separation, domestic violence, separation and prenuptial agreements, and post-divorce modification and contempt. She is appointed as a Best Interest Attorney by the court and is past-president of the Montgomery County Chapter of the Women’s Bar Association of Maryland, past-President of the Collaborative Divorce Association, Inc., past Co-Chair of the Family Law Section for Montgomery County, Maryland, and past Barrister of the Montgomery County Maryland Inn of Court.
Ms. Skok is regularly featured as a top family law attorney and expert in her field by magazines, including Attorney of the Month Magazine which named her Attorney of the Month in January 2018, and The American Lawyer and Corporate Counsel Magazines which named her among the Top Women Leaders in 2019. * AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- One Research Court, Suite 450
Rockville, MD 20850
- West Virginia University, J.D., graduated 1995
- University of Denver, BA, graduated 1991
- Maryland, 1995
- District of Columbia, 1997
- Collaborative Divorce Association - Past President, Board Member
- Collaborative Practice Maryland - Board Member
- Family Law Section Montgomery County Maryland - Past-Chair
- Maryland Attorney Grievance Commission - Peer Review Panel
- Women's Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland - Past-President, Board Member
- United States District Court
- Collaborative Law: Family Law, Washington, D.C. (2023)
- Collaborative Law: Family Law
- Family Law
Martindale-Hubbel AV Preeminent Rating
- AVVO 10.0 Rating
- Baltimore Magazine Top 50 Women Attorneys
- Bar Leader, Montgomery County Maryland
- Best Lawyers - US News Best Law Firms
- Best Lawyers: Best Family Law Lawyers, Best Lawyers in America, Top 100 Lawyers in Maryland
- Bethesda Magazine Top Family Lawyer
- Family Law Section Co-Chair of the Year
- Lawyer Monthly Best Collaborative Lawyer in US
- Litigation Counsel of America Fellow in Trial Lawyer Honorary Society
- Marquis Whose Who Albert Nelson Lifetime Achievement Award and Top Professionals
- Martindale-Hubble Gold Client Champion Award
- National Advocate Top 100 Lawyers and Top 100 Matrimonial Lawyers in Maryland
- SuperLawyers 2008 - present
- Top 10 Collaborative Divorce Professional
- Washington Lawyer Top 50 Women Attorneys
- Family Law Mediation
Tell us a little bit about your practice and what makes it unique.
Were there any particular inspirations (people or events) that spurred your interest in your practice area(s)?
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.