Recognized since 2013
Mr. Bordman has handled a wide variety of business transactions including the purchase and sale of businesses, the resolution of business disputes and formation, liquidation and dissolution of business entities. He recently became general counsel for a large non-profit organization and together with other attorneys in the Maddin Hauser firm, handles substantially all of its tax, governance, employment and general business matters.
One of his clients is a franchisor with more than 500 franchisees. Mr. Bordman began working with this franchisor in the early 1980s when the system was a startup and has continued that relationship as the franchisor has matured into an industry leader. He has counseled franchisors with respect to all issues related to franchise agreements, franchise disclosure documents, registration, contract negotiations and disputes with franchisees. Mr. Bordman has also counseled franchisees in disputes with franchisors and served as a sole arbitrator in a franchisee-franchisor dispute, a mediator, and an expert witness.
He is a lecturer before the Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants and contributor to Laches, the Oakland County Bar Association publication. Mr. Bordman has written on use tax, corporate finance under the Michigan Business Corporation Act and single business tax. He is a graduate of the Northwestern University School of Law.
Contact & Links
- Essex Centre, Second Floor
28400 Northwestern Highway
P.O. Box 215
Southfield, MI 48034-1839
- Michigan State University, BA
- United States, American Bar Association
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- Michigan, Oakland County Bar Association
- Gilda's Club Metro Detroit - Director
- International Franchise Association - Member
- Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants - Member
- Oakland County Bar Association, Tax Committee - Past President
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Franchise Law
- Listed in Best Lawyers in America® since 2013 in the area of franchise law.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.