Recognized since 2016
Labour and Employment Law
Founder - Rudner Law
One of the things that I love about my practice is that every client has a story. It doesn’t matter whether it is an individual seeking advice about their employment, a family-run business, or a multinational corporation. Each one has goals and issues that they need to deal with. And there’s nothing I enjoy more than becoming their Trusted Advisor, educating them, guiding them, and working with them to develop a cost-effective strategy to pursue their goals. When disputes arise, I like to advocate on their behalf in order to protect their rights.
I am not one of those lawyers that is ideologically married to one side. While many individuals have their rights trampled on, I have also seen employees take advantage of those same rights to the detriment of their employer. I realize that there is good and bad in every group, and that is why my firm works with both employers and employees. We are able to see every situation from both sides.
Since I have also been trained in Alternative Dispute Resolution techniques and act as a Mediator in Employment matters, I am able to see things from a third side: that of a neutral third party, working with those involved to achieve a reasonable resolution to their issues.
In 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, and 2023, I was selected by my peers for inclusion in ‘The Best Lawyers in Canada’ in the area of Employment Law. I am routinely named in Canadian HR Reporter’s Employment Lawyers Directory (a comprehensive directory of the top employment law and immigration law practitioners in Canada) and have also been recognized as one of Canada’s top Legal Social Media Influencers.
My firm, Rudner Law, has been nominated as one of the Top Employment & Labour Boutiques in Canadian HR Reporter Readers’ Choice Awards for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022. My previous firm was selected as one of the top three Employment Law firms in 2016 and 2017, the first two years these awards were given out.
I chair and teach at conferences, and I am the founding Program Director of Osgoode Professional Development’s HR Law for HR Professionals course and the co-founding Program Director of their Advanced HR Law for HR Professionals course.
As a firm and with my family, I support a number of worthwhile causes including 360Kids, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, United Way, One Voice Network, Job Skills, Family Education Centre, Lawyers International Food Enterprise (LIFE), and Volunteer Lawyers Network.
I also believe in giving back to the professional communities that I am part of. Since the start of my career, I have been actively involved in the Canadian and Ontario Bar Associations and have held several leadership positions. I have also volunteered countless hours leading sessions on HR Law topics and serving on committees for the HRPA, and am currently on the Board of Directors of the International Association for Human Resource Information Management (IHRIM). Since our firm is based in York Region, I take particular pride in sponsoring the York Region Chapter of the HRPA and presenting an annual Employment Law update for our membership.
At Rudner Law, our approach is simple. We want to understand your circumstances, your concerns, and your goals. We will then ensure that you understand the legal regime along with your rights and obligations. Once that is done, we work with you to design a cost-effective, practical strategy that meets your needs. We want to be your Trusted Advisor.
- 15 Allstate Parkway, Suite 600
Toronto, ON L3R 5B4
- Ontario, 1999
- HRPA Registration Committee - Member
- Lawyers International Food Enterprise (LIFE) - Board of Directors
- Ontario Bar Association - Audit Committee and Task Force on Alternative Business Structures
- Ontario Bar Association - Board of Directors and Council
- Osgoode Professional Development’s Employment Law Update - Chair
- Labour and Employment Law
- Rudner Law was selected as one of the top three Employment & Labour Law Boutique for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 in the HR Reporter Readers’ Choice Awards
- Selected as the Silver Winner for Best Labour & Employment Boutique Law Firm in the seventh annual Canadian HR Awards in 2020, presented by HRD Canada and supported by Canadian HR Reporter
- Selected as a finalist for Best Labour & Employment Boutique Law Firm in 2021 and 2022 Canadian HR Awards, presented by HRD Canada and supported by Canadian HR Reporter
- 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023: Selected for inclusion in ‘The Best Lawyers in Canada’ in the area of Employment Law
- Repeatedly named in Canadian HR Reporter’s Employment Lawyers Directory (comprehensive directory of top employment law and immigration law practitioners in Canada)
- Legal Influencer By Lexology – recognized as the only Legal Influencer in Canadian HR Law in the first Lexology Awards
- Named one of Canada’s Top Legal Social Media Influencers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.