Stuart Blaugrund is a member of Dentons' Litigation and Dispute Resolution practice, and a management labor lawyer. He has a wide breadth of experience representing a variety of private and public employers in trade secrets, unfair competition, non-compete and civil rights litigation, as well as wage and hour, National Labor Relations Act compliance and fair employment practice matters. He also represents management and high-level executives negotiating employment contracts and benefits. Stuart is a board-certified specialist in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal
- Advising TIO Networks Corp. in relation to its announced cross-border acquisition of Softgate Systems, Inc. for a total transaction value of approximately US$31 million.
- Successful defense of a publicly traded brokerage firm on a whistleblowing claim under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, including the first decision on the merits by the US Department of Labor's Administrative Review Board.
- Successful defense and appeal of a medical practice group against fraud and slander claims asserted by a former physician employee.
- Successful prosecution of a permanent injunction enjoining the use of trade secrets by a former stockbroker who stole propriety data for the benefit of his new employer.
- Lead counsel to a major bank in defending and resolving fraudulent inducement and statutory fraud claims asserted by a former principal employee following the acquisition of a financial advisory firm.
- Successful defense and appeal of a jury verdict on a discrimination claim brought by a former delivery driver of a nationwide distributor of dairy products under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Successful arbitration and representation of a securities firm against a wrongful discharge claim involving a party's alleged refusal to engage in illegal conduct.