Recognized since 2013
Stew Cogan is in his twenty-fifth year as a full-time arbitrator and mediator, following twenty years practicing primarily business, corporate, and real estate law.
Stew has arbitrated more than 300 cases and mediated more than 3,000 cases. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America in both the Mediation and Arbitration categories. He was named by Best Lawyers as the 2016 Arbitration Lawyer of the Year in Seattle, as the 2020 Arbitration Lawyer of the Year in Seattle, and as the 2017 Mediation Lawyer of the Year in Seattle. Stew has been named a Super Lawyer for the 22 consecutive years from 1999 through 2020, and he was named a Top 100 Super Lawyer in eleven of the last thirteen years. He is also listed in Who’s Who Legal: Mediation (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, and 2020), and is one of about 100 lawyers in the United States and two in Washington to be so listed.
He is a Fellow of the invitation-only College of Commercial Arbitrators, a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, and a Distinguished Fellow of the invitation-only American College of Civil Trial Mediators (President, 2015-2017), and is a Charter Member of the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals and the ADR Roundtable. Stew is on the Commercial Panel, the Construction Panel, the Large, Complex Case Panel, the Healthcare Payor-Provider Panel, and the Mediation Panel of the American Arbitration Association (and designated as a Master Mediator); the Civil Rule 39.1 Register of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington; and the Arbitration and Mediation Panels of the American Health Lawyers Association.
He is a former President of both the King County Bar Association and the King County Bar Foundation. He received a B.A. in 1973 from the University of California at Berkeley and a J.D. in 1976 from Harvard Law School.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bestlawyers.com/lawyers/stew-cogan/145255
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 5403 248th South Place
Issaquah, WA 98029
- Harvard University Law School , J.D., graduated 1976
- University of California - Berkeley, B.A. (with Honors) (Phi Beta Kappa), graduated 1973
- Washington, 1976
- ADR Roundtable - Charter Member
- American College of Civil Trial Mediators - Distinguished Fellow
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators - Fellow
- College of Commercial Arbitrators - Fellow
- National Association of Distinguished Neutrals - Charter Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Arbitration, Seattle (2022)
- Mediation, Seattle (2021)
- Arbitration, Seattle (2020)
- Mediation, Seattle (2017)
- Arbitration, Seattle (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.