Recognized since 2016
Woodland Hills, California
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Steve, BG Law's Managing Partner, represents financial institutions, Fortune 500 companies (and their financing divisions), closely held businesses and high net worth individuals in complex bankruptcy and insolvency matters. He is known in the insolvency arena as the “involuntary bankruptcy go-to lawyer” because of his management of the sensitive issues surrounding involuntary bankruptcy filings, and general business advice he applies to navigate potential pitfalls and solve problems before they occur. In addition, he is adept in complex bankruptcy insolvency matters.
Steve applies his experience as a business lawyer, and business owner, to each matter in order to effectively achieve the business and legal objectives of his clients. He truly believes that “your counsel matters,” and listens carefully to client desires and concerns before charting the most effective course.
Steve is particularly skilled in commercial collections for banks and financial institutions, and has successfully litigated heavily contested, multimillion-dollar real/personal property and equity line financing cramdown cases. He also assists in pre-bankruptcy, pre-workout and wealth management advice and planning.
In addition, he has handled numerous cases before the Bankruptcy Appellate Panel and U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal and the United States Supreme Court.
Steve has earned the highest rating (“AV”) for legal ability and ethics by Martindale-Hubbell and is listed in Martindale-Hubbell’s Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers. He was named one of “The Top 25 Lawyers of the Valley,” by the San Fernando Valley Business Journal and has been named a Southern California Super Lawyer every year since 2007.
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bg.law/our-professionals/steven-t-gubner
- 21650 Oxnard Street, Suite 500
Woodland Hills, CA 91367
- University of California - Santa Barbara, B.A., graduated 1988
- California, United States
- Nevada, United States
- Abbyson Living Corporation - Board of Directors
- American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI) - Member
- Bankruptcy Forum, Los Angeles, Inland Empire and Orange Counties - Member
- Eastern District of California - Judicial Extern to the Honorable David E. Russell, U. S. Bankruptcy Judge
- Los Angeles and Orange County Bar Associations - Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Committee
- United Cerebral Palsy - Board of Directors
- U.S. District Court
- U.S. Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- San Fernando Valley Business Journal "Trusted Avisor"
- Named a “Super Lawyer” by Southern California Super Lawyer Magazine (2007-2017), placing him in the top 5% of attorneys in the region.
- Commercial Litigation
- Corporate Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.