Steven P. "Steve" Young
Recognized since 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
Litigation and Controversy - Tax
Steve is a state and local tax attorney who provides strategic counsel to clients on state and local tax matters.
He litigates state and local sales, property, income, severance, unclaimed property, and other state and local tax cases before administrative tribunals, local boards of equalization, and courts throughout the Rocky Mountain region. He lobbies state tax and local issues before the Utah Legislature, Utah State Tax Commission, and local governments. Steve consults with clients nationwide and represents large household-name clients as well as small businesses and individuals.
Steve was voted by his colleagues to be a Fellow of the American College of Tax Counsel. He is Chair-Elect of the State and Local Tax Committee of the Tax Section of the American Bar Association, and Past President of the Tax Section of the Utah State Bar. He routinely speaks and publishes nationwide on state and local tax issues, and sits on the Board of Editors of the ABA Property Tax Deskbook and the Journal of Multistate Taxation.
Steve serves as Practice Group Leader for the firm’s Tax and Benefits practice group.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 801-799-5886
- Lawyer Page: http://www.hollandhart.com/spyoung/
- 222 South Main Street, Suite 2200
Salt Lake City, UT 84101
- University of Utah, BA
- University of Utah, J.D.
- University of Utah, MBA
- Utah, Utah State Bar
- Executive Committee of the State and Local Tax Committee of the Tax Section of the American Bar Association - Member
183 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
59 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Tax Law
- Recognized by his peers as being among the “Utah Legal Elite” for Tax Law by Utah Business Magazine
- Recognized by his peers as a “Mountain States Super Lawyer” in the area of Tax
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.