Recognized since 2019
Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
Since joining Hinkle Law Firm LLC in 1998, Mr. Smith has focused his practice on employee benefit matters.
Prior to joining the firm, he served as in-house counsel for Thorn Americas, Inc. for more than seven years, where his responsibilities included class action litigation, consumer bankruptcies, copyrights and trademarks, consumer marketing, the review of software license agreements, and the development of new business concepts. He also served as a research attorney for the Honorable Robert E. Davis of the Kansas Court of Appeals for two years following his graduation from the University of Kansas School of Law.
Steven is a frequent public speaker on employee benefit topics. Since 2003, he has been a contributing author to the book Group Health Plans: Federal Mandates Other Than COBRA & HIPAA, which is published by the Employee Benefits Institute of America (EBIA).
- 1617 North Waterfront Parkway, Suite 400
Wichita, KS 67206-6339
- University of Kansas , J.D., graduated 1988
- Wichita State University, B.A. Political Science, graduated 1985
- Gulf Coast IRS TE/GE Employee Benefits Council - Member
- Kansas Bar Association - Member
- Wichita Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law, Wichita (2023)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.