Recognized since 2020
Steve Nelson is a Shareholder in the Litigation and Risk Management Practice Group. Steve has extensive experience in litigation and concentrates his practice in commercial litigation including construction, civil and business, contracts and lease disputes, toxic tort, OSHA counseling and citation defense, personal injury defense, product liability, professional liability defense and Wisconsin fair dealership law. He has litigated on behalf of clients involved in complex construction matters including tunnel and sewer construction, building construction, highway construction and matters involving maritime law. He has successfully represented numerous companies and corporations that received OSHA citations.
Steve has significant experience in representing school districts in connection with construction projects and construction contracts, with over $750 million in construction projects completed. He assists with developing RFPs to fit the project and has negotiated a variety of disputes that have arisen over the years.
Steve serves as counsel to a company involved in large resort and urban high-rise developments and has unique insight into the envisioning, phasing and construction of large projects as well as the issues relating to homeowners associations, project management, and real estate sales and marketing. Steve teaches and lectures on a wide variety of topics including OSHA law, environmental law, construction law, and media law.
- 411 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000
Milwaukee, WI 53202-4427
- Marquette University, J.D., graduated 1990
- University of Oregon, B.S., graduated 1979
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates-Wisconsin Chapter (ABOTA Wisconsin Chapter Award, 2011) - Member
- Elm Grove Police & Fire Commission - Member
- Milwaukee Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- Wisconsin Law Foundation - Fellow
- U.S. District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- Commercial Litigation
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Wisconsin Law Journal "Leader in the Law" (2012)
- Wisconsin Super Lawyers® (2005-2020)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.