Recognized since 2013
Litigation - First Amendment
An AV-rated litigator, Steven is a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property practice group and Financial Services practice group. He handles complex litigation in trial and appellate courts and in arbitration, and advises on transactional matters as well.
Steven’s extensive experience in intellectual property matters includes representing former employers, departing employees, and new employers in trade secret litigation and advocating for both plaintiffs and defendants in trademark, copyright and patent litigation.
As an advisor to media, publishing and communications clients, such as KOIN-TV and East Oregonian Publishing Co., Steven addresses issues such as applicability of media shield laws, reporters' privileges, prior restraints on publication, defamation, invasion of privacy, newsgathering methods, public records, public meetings, licensing, and copyright.
Steven has broad experience in securities litigation and arbitrations for issuers, brokers, and customers. He also has substantial experience in disputes concerning valuations, earn-outs, indemnities and other issues arising out of corporate and financing transactions.
A strategic advantage Steven brings to his client’s matters is his skill in presenting technical issues and financial data in an accessible and compelling manner.
After law school, Steven was a law clerk for The Honorable Stephen V. Wilson, United States District Court, Central District of California, and The Honorable Edwin J. Peterson, Chief Justice/Associate Justice, Oregon Supreme Court.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.tonkon.com/attorneys/Steven-Wilker.html
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pioneer Tower, Suite 1600
888 Southwest Fifth Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
- University of Pennsylvania, BA, graduated 1986
- California, State Bar of California
- Oregon, Oregon State Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Classroom Law Project - Board Member
- Federal Bar Association - Member
- Metropolitan Family Service - Board Member
- Multnomah Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - First Amendment, Portland, OR (2023)
- Litigation - First Amendment, Portland, OR (2019)
- Litigation - First Amendment, Portland, OR (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - First Amendment
- Commercial Litigation
- Super Lawyers 2015-2016 Oregon Super Lawyer - IP Litigation 2013-2014 Oregon Super Lawyer - Business Litigation
- Portland Business Journal 2005 "Forty Under Forty" Business Leader
News & Links
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.