Recognized since 2010
Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
Litigation - Environmental
Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
Steven Streck is a partner at Wisconsin law firm Axley Brynelson, LLP, and a member of the Litigation and Construction & Transportation Practice Groups.
Mr. Streck concentrates his practice in eminent domain/condemnation, property value litigation and construction litigation. He has vast experience representing both condemning authorities and property owners in condemnation proceeding. His recent work includes work with three regional electric transmission utilities to acquire land rights to construct major new transmission lines in southern, northwestern and central Wisconsin. He is currently working with airports across the state to acquire the land rights necessary for various airport improvement projects.
Mr. Streck has given numerous presentations relating to condemnation, litigation and insurance coverage issues. Through his representation of public utilities over the last two decades, he has gained a thorough understanding of property valuation methodologies. He has particular expertise in the legal issues involved when condemning authorities require pre-condemnation access to property for testing purposes, and he has given presentations to engineers, real estate appraisers, airport owners and right-of-way professionals on the subject.
Mr. Streck also has particular expertise in commercial litigation, construction defect litigation and insurance coverage for construction defect damages. He has assisted owners, general contractors and subcontractors in a variety of construction-related disputes. He is a member of the Construction and Public Contract Law Section of the State Bar of Wisconsin, and he authors all case law updates for the section’s newsletter.
- Two East Mifflin Street, Suite 200
P.O. Box 1767
Madison, WI 53701-1767
- University of Wisconsin–Madison, BA
- University of Wisconsin–Madison , J.D.
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Member
- Waukesha County Bar Association - Member
- Wisconsin Defense Counsel - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Madison (2021)
- Litigation - Environmental, Madison (2020)
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Madison (2019)
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law, Madison (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Environmental
- Eminent Domain and Condemnation Law
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants
- Named a top eminent domain and condemnation law, and personal injury defense litigation attorney in The Best Lawyers in America©
- Named the Best Lawyers® 2013 Eminent Domain “Lawyer of the Year” in Madison
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.