Recognized since 2012
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Trade Secrets Law
Steve Bernstein is managing partner of the firm's Tampa office. He also serves as a Chair of the firm’s Associate Development and Retention Committee.
Steve maintains a traditional labor practice in which he represents employers throughout the United States in both state and federal courts, as well as before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB), the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), and other state and federal agencies.
In the process, Steve has played a primary role in advising clients on union-related matters. Steve has also acquired a sophisticated level of experience with regard to advising clients on compliance with the Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification (WARN) Act, the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA), the Family and Medical Leave (FMLA), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
A significant portion of his practice is devoted to the implementation of preventive employee relations programs that include supervisory training as well as the development and administration of effective human resources policies and practices.
Previously, Steve worked for the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and with the Minority Staff of the U.S. Senate Labor Committee.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.fisherphillips.com/attorneys-sbernstein
- 101 East Kennedy Boulevard, Suite 2350
Tampa, FL 33602
- University of Florida, J.D., graduated 1990
- Cornell University, BS, graduated 1987
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
- ABA Committee on Federal Labor Standards Legislation - Member
- Academy of Florida Management Attorneys - Past President
- Labor & Employment Section of the Hillsborough Bar Association - Past Co-Chair
- Suncoast Automotive Accountants Association - Member
- Tampa Chamber of Commerce - Treasurer
- United States Court of Appeals
- United States District Court
- Georgia - Court of Appeals
- Georgia - Supreme Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Trade Secrets Law, Tampa (2023)
- Trade Secrets Law, Tampa (2021)
- Employment Law - Management, Tampa (2020)
- Labor Law - Management, Tampa (2019)
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Tampa (2018)
- Labor Law - Management, Tampa (2017)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Trade Secrets Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.