Recognized since 2001
Health Care Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Mr. Pottle’s leadership positions with the firm have included chair of the Health Care Group, co-chair of the Technology Group, chair of the Life Sciences Task Force and founding member of the Corporate Health Care practice area.
He is listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America, “Top Legal Deal Makers” inAtlanta Business Chronicle, Super Lawyers magazine and the Guide to Leading Healthcare Lawyers–U.S. Mr. Pottle is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association.
While in law school at Vanderbilt University School of Law, Mr. Pottle was a member of the Vanderbilt Law Review. Prior to law school, he completed the CPA exam and was a professional accountant with Ernst & Whinney (now Ernst & Young). While at the University of Washington, he also attended foreign study programs in Tokyo and London.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.alston.com/professionals/steven-pottle
- One Atlantic Center, Suite 4900
1201 West Peachtree Street
Atlanta, GA 30309-3424
- University of Washington, BA Business Administration, graduated 1983
- Georgia, State Bar of Georgia
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Health Care Law
- Counsel to First Cash Financial Services, Inc. in its $2.7 billion merger of equals with Cash America International, Inc. and listing on the NYSE.
- Counsel to Tenet Healthcare Corporation in its $575 million sale to WellStar Health System of Atlanta-area hospitals Atlanta Medical Center, North Fulton Hospital, Spalding Regional Hospital and Sylvan Grove Hospital, and related physician clinics.
- Counsel to The Schumacher Group, a leading provider of outsourced emergency and hospital medicine clinical staffing and other healthcare advisory services, in a recapitalization with Onex Corporation (TSX:OCX).
- Counsel to Halyard Health, Inc., in its $1.7 billion tax-free spinoff from Kimberly-Clark Corporation.
- Counsel to Harden Healthcare Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Capstar Partners and KKR, in a tax-free merger with Gentiva Health Services, Inc., (GTIV) valued at $410 million and related spinoff of Harden’s long-term care business to its shareholders.
- Counsel to Ambulatory Services of America, Inc., a portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg and MedCare Investment Funds, in sale of dialysis business to U.S. Renal Care, Inc., a portfolio company of Leonard Green & Partners, and related sale of ASA’s radiation oncology business to Vantage Oncology, LLC, a portfolio company of Oak Hill Capital Partners.
- Counsel to TechHealth, Inc., a leading provider of workers’ compensation and occupational health, in sale to One Call Care Management, Inc., a portfolio company of Odyssey Investment Partners.
- Counsel to PSS World Medical in its $2.1 billion sale to McKesson Corporation.
- Counsel to High Point Regional Health System in a merger with University of North Carolina Health Care System.
- Counsel to a global medical product and device company based in Europe in numerous acquisitions, including a $276 million acquisition of the Therapeutic Support Systems division from Kinetic Care Concepts, a $750 million acquisition of the cardiac and vascular surgery division of Boston Scientific, an $860 million tender offer purchase of Datascope, a U.S. publicly traded cardiovascular device company, and a $680 million acquisition of Atrium Medical, a privately held cardiovascular device company.
- Counsel to Emory Healthcare in complex strategic partnership with Saint Joseph’s Health System.
- Counsel to a private equity sponsor in the purchase of a Florida-based pediatric company that provides alternative-site services to children with complex, long-term medical challenges and a New Jersey-based company that provides day health services for the elderly and disabled.
- Counsel to a Texas-based specialty financial services company in the purchase of a retail financial services chain in Mexico.
- Counsel to one of the largest diversified health care insurance companies in the acquisition of a primary care independent practice association in California and several follow-on acquisitions.
- Counsel to a publicly held specialty pharmacy distribution company in New York in a $300 million going private transaction with a private equity sponsor.
- Counsel to an automotive total loss and specialty salvage services company with operations in the southeast United States in the sale to Insurance Auto Auctions, Inc.
- Counsel to a global industrial materials firm based in the United Kingdom in the acquisition of Webtec Converting, Inc., a Knoxville-based privately held medical tape and related product manufacturer.
- Counsel to several Nashville-based diversified ancillary health care provider companies in numerous formation, financing, acquisition and restructuring transactions.
- Counsel to a company that designs and manufactures hospital linen automation systems in the sale to a private equity sponsor.
- Counsel to one of the largest for-profit hospital chains in the disposition of a health care system to a premier academic medical institution in Los Angeles.
- Counsel to a Memphis-based specialty pharmacy company in initial and follow-on public offerings, numerous acquisitions throughout the United States, governance matters and eventual sale for $2.5 billion.
- Company counsel in initial and follow-on public offerings of a home health care company based in Louisiana.
- Counsel to a large, Nashville-based dialysis chain in unique roll-up formation, initial and follow-on offerings, numerous acquisitions throughout the United States, governance matters and eventual sale for $4 billion.
- Underwriter counsel in initial and follow-on public offerings of a specialty pharmacy company in New York.
- Counsel to a financial advisor in the sale of a home health company in Virginia.
- Counsel to a major academic medical center in a hospital joint venture with one of the largest for-profit hospital chains.
- Counsel to one of the largest for-profit hospital chains in the disposition of a network of hospitals in New Orleans.
- Counsel to a health care information technology company in a spin-out from a major academic medical center and venture capital financing.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.