Recognized since 2012
Fort Worth, Texas
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
One of the most honored and respected attorneys in Texas, Steve Laird has long been recognized for his tough negotiating skills, a trial-tested ability to connect with juries, and high ethical standards in the complex world of personal injury litigation.
Steve is one of the few lawyers to be Board Certified in both Personal Injury Trial Law and Civil Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization, as well as designated as a Specialist in both Civil Trial and Truck Accident Law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
During the past 35 years Steve has secured some of the state’s largest and most important verdicts on behalf of the victims of truck wrecks and in other cases involving personal injuries and wrongful deaths. Those accomplishments extend to the bargaining table, where Steve has consistently demonstrated that his experience, honesty and resilience can gain significant settlements for his clients outside the courtroom.
Steve is often recognized by his peers for excellence in the practice of law. He has been honored annually on the list of the “Best Lawyers in America” in personal injury litigation since 2012, and is the only personal injury attorney in Tarrant County named to the “Top 100” list of Texas Super Lawyers for 16 out of the past 17 years. He has been honored with the annual Professionalism Award from the College of the State Bar of Texas, as well the Tarrant County Bar Association, and as Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association.
His leadership to the legal profession is evident in his prior service as president of the Fort Worth Chapter and the State of Texas Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates, president of the Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, director of the Tarrant County Bar Association, and president and charter member of the Eldon Mahon Chapter of the Fort Worth Inn of Court. He has also served as chairman or as a member of numerous committees for the State Bar of Texas.
In addition to his trial work, Steve is a frequent speaker on trucking and personal injury and wrongful death topics before local, state and national legal and business associations.
Steve earned his law degree from the South Texas College of Law in 1980, received a Master’s of Business Administration degree from Texas Christian University in 1977 and his undergraduate degree in Business from Texas Tech University in 1976.
- 1119 Pennsylvania Avenue
Fort Worth, TX 76104
- Texas Christian University, MBA, graduated 1977
- Texas Tech University, BBA, graduated 1976
- Temple University, L.L.M, graduated 2015
- South Texas College of Law, J.D., graduated 1980
- Texas, State Bar of Texas
- Academy of Trial Advocacy - Member
- American Association for Justice (formerly known as the Association of Trial Lawyers of America) - Member
- State Bar of Texas Advertising Review Committee - Past Chair
- State Bar of Texas Pattern Jury Charge Committee - Member
- State Bar of Texas Professional Ethics Committee - Member
- State Bar of Texas Referral Fee Task Force Committee - Member
- Texas Chapters of the American Board of Trial Advocates (TEX-ABOTA) - President, 2010
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association - Past Director
- United States Army Commendation Medal - Honoree
- Medical Malpractice Law, Dallas (2012)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Selected to 500 Leading Plaintiff Consumer Lawyers by Lawdragon, 2022
- Recipient of the 2021 Blackstone Award, the Tarrant County Bar Association’s most prestigious honor.
- Ranked among the Best Law Firms in Dallas/Fort Worth in Plaintiffs Personal Injury Litigation, US News/Best Lawyers, 2014-present
- H.G. Wells Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award, Tarrant County Trial Lawyers Association, 2015
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012-present, Personal Injury Litigation
- Professionalism Award, Tarrant County Bar Association, 2009
- Texas Super Lawyers list of Top 100 in TX, 2005-2013, 2015-present
- Texas Super Lawyers, 2003-present
- Top Personal Injury Attorney in Tarrant County, Texas Fort Worth, Texas magazine
- Top Attorneys in Tarrant County, Fort Worth, Texas magazine
- Attorney of Influence, Fort Worth Business Press
- Recognized for three of the Top Texas Verdicts & Settlements in 2013 by VerdictSearch
- AV-Preeminent Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Commercial Litigation
- Medical Malpractice Law
- Personal Injury Litigation
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.