Steven B. Ungar
Recognized since 2005
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Steven has extensive experience in managing legal resources and coordinating criminal investigations, prosecutions, civil litigation and negotiations. His expertise in working with state and federal agencies, professionals in every field, expert witnesses, law enforcement and political officials assure his firm's comprehensive representation in complex, multi-faceted matters.
Steven Ungar is co-chair of the Firm’s White Collar Criminal Defense, Regulatory Compliance and Special Investigations Practice Group, emphasizing white collar defense, internal investigations, professional licensing, corporate governance, gaming law and licensing, Native American affairs and crisis management.
Steven served as Chairman of the Oregon Lottery Commission from 2005 to 2012, appointed by both Gov. Kulongoski and Gov. Kitzhaber.
Steven represents business entities and individuals facing regulatory enforcement problems, governmental investigations and criminal prosecution. He handles internal investigations of every type, e.g. securities fraud, insider trading, taxation offenses, embezzlement, official corruption, money laundering, broker-dealer issues, tax fraud or evasion, bank and bankruptcy fraud, computer crime, Internet-related crime, environmental violations, obstruction of justice and perjury.
Steven has expertise (including serving as General Counsel for a public company in the gaming technology and software sectors in the 1990s) in managing legal resources and coordinating criminal investigations and prosecutions, civil litigation, mediation and negotiations. He specializes in strategies involving both complex litigation and non-litigation matters.
- Direct Phone Number: 503-701-3888
- Phone Number: 503-701-3888
- Lawyer Page: https://www.ungarlawoffice.com/attorneys/steven-ungar/
- 230 NW Tenth Avenue
Portland, OR 97209
- Ethnicity: White
- Washington University in St. Louis, BA, graduated 1975
- Oregon Governor''''s Judicial Screening Committee - Member
- Jewish Federation of Oregon - Executive Committee -- Community Relations Committee
- Oregon State Lottery - Chairman
- Stanford Jazz Workshop - Lecturer and Instructor
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- SuperLawyers -- Oregon
- Portland Monthly -- Best Lawyers List
- ACLU of Montana -- 10 year service award (President)
- Gaming Law
- Government Relations Practice
- Health Care Law
- Native American Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.