Recognized since 2007
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
Steven A. Goldfarb, co-chair of Hahn Loeser’s national Litigation Practice Area, is a skilled and highly acclaimed trial lawyer practicing in California and Ohio with experience representing companies and individuals across the country in diverse business litigation matters. In addition to leading the firm’s well-recognized Class Action and Title Insurance Industry Teams, Steve has significant experience in unfair competition/trade secrets, insurance coverage/bad faith, securities fraud and other contract/tort cases.
Under Steve’s leadership, Hahn Loeser’s Class Action and Title Insurance Industry Team has successfully defeated nearly 100 consumer class actions over the last 10 years not only in California and Ohio, but also in Connecticut, Kentucky, Texas, Illinois, Washington, Missouri and Colorado—mostly via dispositive and certification motion practice—but also by trials.
Steve’s past trial victories include two record jury verdicts (Top 100 Verdicts by The National law Journal), both exceeding $40 million, in 2006 (Maricopa County, AZ) and in 2005 (Southern District of Ohio) on behalf of companies suing their competitors and former employees in wrongful recruiting cases involving tortious interference, non-competition covenants and breaches of fiduciary duty. Steve has successfully tried numerous other cases to verdict or judgment, including jury trials involving business fraud, trade secrets, age discrimination, wrongful death, medical malpractice and other personal injury cases.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hahnlaw.com/professionals/steven-a-goldfarb
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 200 Public Square, Suite 2800
Cleveland, OH 44114
- Indiana University Bloomington, B.A., graduated 1982
- The Ohio State University , J.D., graduated 1985
- Ohio, 1985
- California, 2017
- U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Northern and Central Districts of California
- U.S. District Courts for the Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- U.S. Circuit Courts of Appeal for the Fifth, Sixth and Ninth Circuits
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Banking and Finance, Cleveland (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Civil Litigation
- Class Actions
- Commercial Disputes
- Complex Litigation
- Contract Disputes
- Covenants Not to Compete
- Fiduciary Duties
- Large Case Litigation
- Ohio Super Lawyers®, 2004-20
- ChambersUSA, Commercial Litigation (Ohio), 2008-20
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Commercial Litigation, 2007-21; Litigation-Banking and Finance, 2011-21; Insurance Law, 2013-21
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.