Stephen is a partner in Holding Redlich's Workplace Relations and Safety group.
He provides a wide range of advice and services to clients on employment, industrial and safety issues and disputes as well as in other contexts in which people undertake work.
His recent experience includes:
* drafting employment contracts and workplace policies
* advising on all termination of employment issues and procedures, including in respect of senior executives on questions concerning options, bonus entitlements, directorships and shareholdings
* acting for employers in disputes and dismissal proceedings in Fair Work Commission
* acting for clients in proceedings to enforce confidentiality and restraint of trade provisions
* advising and acting for employers in respect of General Protections proceedings as well as complaints of unlawful termination and unlawful discrimination, including in respect of issues concerning flexible work arrangements and disability discrimination
* working with employers prior to and following the sale of businesses to address relevant employment issues, including those that arise where there is a transfer of business; providing strategic advice on minimising exposure to workplace safety risks and liability including advising employers, funds managers, financiers and others who have control of land or premises about work health and safety requirements and risks; and
* assisting employers with WorkCover and Comcare investigations and acting for employers in safety prosecutions.