Stephen is a partner in the firm's Workplace Relations and Safety group and is the firm's Sydney Managing Partner.
He has significant experience in all aspects of workplace relations and safety, and provides a wide range of strategic advice and protects clients' interests in all applicable Courts and Tribunals.
Stephen's experience includes:
- advising on all termination of employment issues and procedures, including in respect of senior executives on questions concerning options, bonus entitlements, directorships and shareholdings
- acting for employers in disputes and dismissal proceedings in Fair Work Commission
- acting in proceedings to enforce restraint of trade and confidentiality obligations as well as defending bonus and other breach of employment contract claims
- advising and acting for employers in respect of General Protections proceedings as well as complaints of unlawful termination and unlawful discrimination
- working with parties prior to and following the sale of businesses to address relevant employment issues, including those that arise where there is a transfer of business
- providing strategic advice on governance obligations in the workplace and safety content, including for Boards and senior management
- assisting and acting in investigations and prosecutions involving WorkCover, Comcare and the Fair Work Ombudsman
- drafting employment contracts of all types, drafting specialised workplace policies and advising on the implementation of effective standardised engagement and induction processes
- providing strategic advice and assistance on managing the variety of issues arising throughout the life cycle of employment.
Aside from his recognition in Best Lawyers in Australia, Stephen is also listed in Who’s Who Legal: Australia 2019 and 2020 directory for Labour, Employment & Benefits.