Recognized since 2013
Prior to starting Beck Reed Riden LLP, Stephen was a senior counsel with Foley & Lardner LLP where he was a member of the Business Litigation & Dispute Resolution and IP Litigation Practices, as well as the Emerging Technologies Industry Team. He previously served as an appellate law clerk to the Honorable Elspeth B. Cypher, Appeals Court of Massachusetts.
Steve Riden’s experience includes:
- Representing corporations in class-actions, contract enforcement cases, and shareholder derivative suits
- Litigating commercial and governmental enforcement cases on behalf of health care providers
- Counseling real estate developers in disputes concerning the construction, management, and sale of commercial property
- Representing international manufacturers in connection with General Motors and Chrysler bankruptcies
- Acting as local counsel for companies in myriad actions pending in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Serving as an expert witness on the reasonableness of legal fees
Professional & Civic Activities
- Board member of the Boston College Law School Alumni Association.
- Treasurer and member of the board of directors for the Wellmet Project, Inc., a nonprofit that operates group homes for people with mental illness.
Publications & News
- “Report: Firms should target global companies’ business,” Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, November 2013, Quoted; New England In-House, January 2014, Quoted
- Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly article about the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, June 2013, Quoted
- “Who Owns Employees’ Twitter Accounts?,” Forbes, November 2011, Quoted
Contact & Links
- 155 Federal Street, Suite 1302
Boston, MA 02110
- Boston College , BA, graduated 1995
- Massachusetts, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Massachusetts - Court of Appeals
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- AV® Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
- Recipient of Boston College Law School's 2010 Chapter Award for Boston
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers® 2013
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.