Recognized since 2010
Greenville, South Carolina
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Stephen Woods represents companies in all aspects of labor and employment law. He assists national, regional, and local clients on counseling/preventive, EEOC and employment litigation, and traditional labor (union) issues and questions. He is the chair of the firm's Background Check Advice Group and the shareholder-author of the firm's O-D Comply: Background Check subscription materials.Stephen lives by a client-centric mantra which combines prevention and practicality to create innovative, business-centered solutions which comply with the law. Making national clients happy and satisfied takes a unique skill set, which Stephen has developed and honed during his work with clients and the firm since 1996. Among the employer-clients with whom Stephen has the pleasure of working as the firm's relationship shareholder are Michaels Stores, Michelin North America, Raycom Media, and US Oncology.Before becoming a lawyer, Stephen served as the Manager of Administrative Services at The Greenville News (Greenville, SC), where he managed the HR function for this 500-employee newspaper publishing company.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://ogletree.com/people/stephen-r-woods/
- The Ogletree Building
300 North Main Street
Greenville, SC 29601
- Presbyterian College, BS, graduated 1990
- South Carolina, South Carolina Bar
- Greenville (SC) Bar Association - Member
- National Association of Professional Background Screeners - Member
- National LGBT Bar Association - Member
- South Carolina Bar Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2024 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Bronze Compleat Lawyer Award - 1996 (highest award given to a student by the USC School of Law)
- Yellow Belt certified in Legal Lean Sigma
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.