Recognized since 2006
San Jose, California
Stephen Kottmeier has practiced commercial litigation for almost forty years and is a member of Hopkins & Carley’s Financial Institution Creditor’s Rights’ Practice Group. His experience includes extensive complex civil litigation in federal, state and bankruptcy courts, and other proceedings.
Steve is regularly involved in representing creditors in enforcement and defense matters regarding:
- Evaluating and effecting civil enforcement proceedings
- Prejudgment actions to recover assets or impose liens
- Resolution of disputes under Articles 3 and 4
- Forbearance and restructure agreements
- Creditor rights and actions in bankruptcy
- Judicial and non-judicial foreclosure of real and personal collateral
In 2011, Steve was selected to join the Northern District Bankruptcy Court Bench-Bar Liaison Committee, which allowed him to work with the District’s Bankruptcy Judges and other selected practitioners to evaluate the Court’s procedure and how they may be improved.
Contact & Links
- 70 South First Street
San Jose, CA 95113
- California, State Bar of California
- Santa Clara County Superior Court - Judge Pro Tem
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the E.D. Texas
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.