Stephen practises in construction and infrastructure matters, specialising in construction litigation, arbitration, expert determination and BCIPA claims.
Stephen has significant major international and local project experience across the commercial construction, mining and road infrastructure sectors. He specialises in dispute avoidance and resolution with extensive experience in mediation, arbitration, expert determination, litigation and claims under the security for payment legislation nationally.
Stephen has provided dispute related advice to principals (including government) and major contractors in the context of several local and international projects including:
- Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal (North Queensland)
- Sino Iron Project (Western Australia)
- Hay Point Coal Terminal Expansion (North Queensland)
- Oaky Creek Coal Mine (Central Queensland)
- 77 Level Soul Project (Gold Coast)
- Legacy Way Tunnel (Brisbane)
- Channel Tunnel Rail Link project encompassing the refurbishment of the iconic Kings Cross St Pancras station (United Kingdom)
- Khalifa Port and Industrial Zone Project (Abu Dhabi)
- Transylvania Motorway Project (Romania)
- Doha International Airport Project (Qatar)
- Rreshen-Kalimash Motorway Project (Albania).
Stephen provides regular in-house training for clients in relation to the management and resolution of project disputes and also conducts training on behalf of recognised indsutry peak bodies such as Engineers Australia and the Civil Contractors Federation.
Stephen is a recognised industry expert and is named in Doyles Guide to the Australian Legal Profession as a recommended back end construction and infrastructure lawyer. Stephen is also listed in the Best Lawyers in Australia 2020 edition for the area of Construction/Infrastructure Law.