Stan is an accomplished lawyer representing and advising clients as a member of several practice groups at the firm. He is drawn to business and real estate law because he has an interest in the subject matter, strategizing and problem solving, and having the opportunity to help people.
Stan uses his extensive, hands-on experience and working knowledge of relevant industries to solve his clients’ business problems efficiently and effectively. He recognizes the importance of a client-centered practice. Stan understands and appreciates that the most essential requirement and foundation of any successful business transaction is the establishment and maintenance of an amicable, honest, trusting and respectful relationship between the parties, with the ultimate goal of achieving a fair result for all parties concerned.
Stan’s clients include private mortgage lenders, developers, and both domestic and overseas investors. He also serves as Senior British Columbia Legal Counsel for the Commercial Real Estate Finance Groups of a major Canadian chartered bank. He advises clients on:
- Financing of acquisition, construction, term and syndicate loans
- Acquisition, structuring, development, financing, leasing and disposition of office buildings, residential high rises, townhouse complexes, shopping centres, mixed-use developments, strata title and air space parcel developments and land subdivisions
- Drafting and negotiating loan agreements, commitment letters, mortgages, security agreements, leases and shareholders, partnership, joint venture, trust, construction, purchase and sale, and other commercial agreements
- Strategic planning for real estate developments
- Acting for lead lenders and administrative agents on syndicated construction loans to finance the development of some of the most prominent residential high rise condominium and office projects in British Columbia and Ontario, aggregating in excess of billions of dollars
- Acquisition, joint venture structuring, financing, development and sale of a $250 million project at Metrotown, Burnaby, consisting of over 500 residential/office/retail units, and a hotel strata-titled air space parcel, which was one of the most complex and largest airspace title developments in Canada at the time
- Acting for a local developer on the acquisition, financing and subsequent sale of a downtown Vancouver office building, having a value in excess of $120 million
- Acting for an overseas developer on the acquisition, financing and subsequent sales program of a residential project located in Richmond with over 200 units, having a value in excess of $100 million
- Counsel for the co-developer of three of Vancouver’s largest and most prominent mixed-use downtown development projects – Living Shangri-La, Woodward's and Fairmont Pacific Rim
- Helping to raise donations for a charitable society to assist disadvantaged students of a Vancouver Downtown Eastside school