Recognized since 1997
Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
Litigation - Securities
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Born in Brooklyn, New York, Stanley H. Wakshlag earned his B.A., magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa from Brandeis University in 1974 and his J.D. from New York University School of Law in 1978.
Stanley’s practice concentrates on class action litigation, securities litigation, director and officer representation, complex business litigation, deceptive trade practices, Securities and Exchange Commission enforcement proceedings, professional malpractice matters, and litigation with the FDIC arising from distressed and failed banking institutions.
Stanley also provides counsel to boards of directors, special board committees, and audit committees. He also advises management in defense of derivative claims and the institution of remedial corporate governance measures. He has also lectured to professional groups including lawyers and accountants on various issues including professional ethics, social media, effective expert testimony under Daubert, and demonstrative evidence.
Stanley has an AV rating from Martindale Hubbell, and is a member of the Miami-Dade County and American Bar associations, and the American Inns of Court. He is admitted to the bar in Florida and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Middle Districts of Florida, and the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.knpa.com/attorneys/stanley-h-wakshlag/
- Four Seasons Tower, Suite 1100
1441 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131
- New York University, J.D. , graduated 1978
- Brandeis University, B.A., magna cum laude, graduated 1974
- Florida, 1978
- American Bar Association - Member
- American Inns of Court - Honorable Eugene P. Spellman Chapter
- Dade County Bar Assocation - Chair, Continuing Legal Education Committee, 1990-1992
- Florida Board of Bar Examiners - Member
- Legal Services of Greater Miami Foundation, Inc. - President, Board of Directors
- Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc - Board of Directors & Executive Committee
- The Florida Bar - Grievance Committee, eleventh Judicial Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television, Miami (2019)
- Litigation - Securities, Miami (2018)
- Litigation - Securities, Miami (2015)
- Securities / Capital Markets Law, Miami (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Litigation - Securities
- Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television
- Commercial Litigation
- Business Disputes
- Civil Litigation
- Class Actions
- Complex Litigation
- Corporate Governance
- SEC Enforcement
- Stockholders' Suits
- 2019 Equal Justice Leadership Award, Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc.
- Chambers USA, Band 1, Litigation: General Commercial, 2003 – 2021; Senior Statespeople, Litigation: General Commercial: The Elite, 2022
- Lawdragon: 500 Leading Litigators; Lawdragon: 100 Leading Securities Litigators
- Law 360: Ten Most Admired Securities Attorneys, Aug. 25, 2010
- South Florida Legal Guide, Top Lawyers, Corporate and Business Litigation, 2002 – present
- Florida Super Lawyers, Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney, 2006 – Present; Florida Super Lawyers, Top 100 Miami Super Lawyers, 2017, 2011, 2010
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Stars, General Commercial, and Securities
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review RatedSM by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers in America; Commercial Litigation, Entertainment Law – Motion Pictures and Television, Litigation – Securities, Securities/Capital Markets Law; 1995 – Present
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.