Stanley Drummond is an Adjunct Head of Superannuation & Wealth Management at Thomson Geer.
He specialises in superannuation, life and general insurance, managed funds, financial planning and financial services regulation. His expertise in these areas is founded on previous roles as in-house counsel at St. George Bank, Vero Insurance, ING Australia and GE Money.
Stanley is a prolific author on superannuation, insurance and other financial services topics, with articles frequently appearing in the Superannuation Law Bulletin, the Financial Services Newsletter, the Insurance Law Bulletin and the Insurance Law Journal. He is a frequent speaker at seminars and training courses convened by the Association of Superannuation Funds of Australia and the Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance.
Recent experience includes:
- The transfer of Manchester Unity’s life insurance business to Foresters Friendly Society under Part 3 of the Financial Sector (Business Transfer and Group Restructure) Act 1999 (Cth).
- Successor fund transfers from Toshiba and IBM to AustralianSuper.
- The Australian aspects of the global merger of the real estate securities businesses of CB Richard Ellis Global Real Estate Securities and ING Clarion Real Estate Securities.
- Conducting a comprehensive review of an employer’s obligations to make superannuation contributions under the superannuation guarantee legislation, industrial instruments and employment contracts.
- Advising an employer on repatriating the surplus in a defined benefit sub-plan.
- Advising an employer on terminating a defined benefit sub-plan.