Recognized since 2015
Litigation - Environmental
Stacy Watson May is of counsel in Holland & Knight's Jacksonville office. She counsels a variety of industrial and commercial clients such as manufacturers, facility owners and developers with environmental compliance and enforcement actions across multiple states as well as at the federal and local levels. For these clients, she regularly negotiates reduced penalties with government agencies. Ms. Watson May assists in the design of corrective action plans and environmental management systems to meet the requirements of the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), and hazardous materials handling and permitting matters.
Ms. Watson May handles civil and administrative litigation involving permit challenges, mining operations, cost recovery, indoor air quality issues, Legionnaires' disease and toxic torts.
For property owners and investors, Ms. Watson May handles litigation and transactions involving the purchase, sale and redevelopment of environmentally impacted properties. She pilots clients through the environmental due diligence of real estate and manufacturing operations in large mergers and acquisitions at the state, multistate and multinational levels. These deals often involve significant residential, commercial and condominium developments as well as condominium conversions. She also counsels lenders and developers regarding environmental concerns of foreclosed properties.
Ms. Watson May is a state certified Circuit Civil Mediator in all Florida judicial circuits.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.hklaw.com/en/professionals/w/watson-may-stacy
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 50 North Laura Street, Suite 3900
Jacksonville, FL 32202
- University of Florida, BA, graduated 1990
- Florida, Florida Bar
- Florida, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- United States, U.S. Supreme Court
- Chester Bedell Inn of Court - Alumna
- Florida Bar - Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association - Member
- The Florida Bar Environmental and Land Use Law Section - Member
- Urban Land Institute North Florida - Program Committee Chair
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Environmental, Jacksonville (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- The Best Lawyers in America guide, Litigation – Environmental, 2015
- Florida Legal Elite "Up & Comer," Florida Trend Magazine, 2007
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.