Recognized since 2021
Health Care Law
Stacy Gerber Ward is a Shareholder, leader of the Government Enforcement and Internal Investigations Section, and Co-Chair of the Health Law Section. As leader of the Government Enforcement and Corporate Investigations Section, Stacy represents clients facing government enforcement matters, conducts internal investigations to respond to government investigations, and litigates government related issues.
In the health care area, Stacy assists clients with an array of health care transactional and operational issues. She is certified in health care compliance by the Compliance Certification Board and helps clients evaluate and respond to compliance related matters, design and implement compliance programs, conduct compliance reviews, and advise on disclosure obligations. Her expertise includes Anti-Kickback Statute and Stark Law compliance, Medicare and Medicaid billing, and Controlled Substances and False Claims Acts.
Stacy has more than 14 years of experience serving as an Assistant United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Wisconsin and served as the Deputy Chief of the Civil Division. In those roles, Stacy investigated and prosecuted individuals and corporations for civil health care fraud and other enforcement matters. Stacy was awarded the Department of Justice’s highest honor for superior performance as an Assistant United States Attorney in 2010 and received a Certificate of Commendation for outstanding performance in enforcing civil rights laws in 2009.
Stacy is Co-Chair of von Briesen’s Pro Bono Committee.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.vonbriesen.com/people/stacy-c-gerber-ward
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 411 East Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 1000
Milwaukee, WI 53202-4427
- University of Notre Dame , J.D., graduated 1993
- Marquette University, B.A., graduated 1990
- Wisconsin, State Bar of Wisconsin
- American Health Lawyers Association - Member
- Eastern District of Wisconsin Bar Association - Member
- Health Care Compliance Association - Member
- Legal Aid Society of Milwaukee - Board of Directors
- State Bar of Wisconsin - Health Section Board of Directors
- American Bar Association - Health Law Section
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin, Northern District of Illinois
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Health Care Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.