Recognized since 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Construction Law and a LEED® Accredited Professional, Stacy Bercun Bohm represents developers, contractors, subcontractors, and design professionals in complex construction contract, project administration, and litigation matters. She is one of the first lawyers in Florida to achieve both Board Certification and LEED accreditation. Chambers USA states, “She understands the industry and brings that knowledge to negotiations.”
Stacy structures and negotiates complex commercial and residential construction contracts for design and construction of healthcare facilities, offices and campuses, shopping centers, supermarkets, warehouses, mixed-use high rise buildings, hotels and condominiums, golf courses, custom designed homes, stadiums and arenas, retail, houses of worship, cultural arts centers and facilities, airport projects, and senior living facilities.
With a litigation practice in both state and federal courts, she represents clients in construction disputes involving Chinese drywall, breach of contract, class actions, foreclosures, payments, bond claims, defects, and liens. She frequently utilizes alternative dispute resolution proceedings, such as arbitration and mediation, and has served as an arbitrator in American Arbitration Association and State Court Non-Binding Arbitration proceedings resolving construction issues related to contracts, payments, and construction defects.
In addition to her ranking in Chambers USA, she is recognized by The Legal 500 and was named one of the Top Women in Commercial Real Estate by the Florida Real Estate Journal.
Contact & Links
- 201 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1800
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- University of Miami , J.D., graduated 1994
- University of Florida, BS, graduated 1991
- Florida, Florida State Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW), Fall Fundraiser Silent Auction Committee, Past Committee Chairperson; Sponsorship Committee - Past Member
- Dade County Bar Association E-mentoring Program - E-mentor
- Dade County Bar Association, Construction Law Committee, Past Member; Civil Litigation Committee, Past Member; and Banking and Corporate Litigation Law Committee - Past Member
- Dade County Bar Association, Young Lawyer Section; Law Week Pace Center for Girls Contest - Past Co-Chairman
- Dade County Bar Association, Young Lawyer Section; Law Week Pro Bono Project - Past Chairman
- Dade County Trial Lawyers Association, Legal Assistance Program - Past Chairperson
- Lawyers for Children America - Volunteer Attorney Ad-Litem
- Make a Wish Foundation - Past Member
- Miami-Dade County Bar Association Kid's Club - Member
- National Association for Women in Construction, Region 3 - Past Professional Education Chair
- Put Something Back and Miami-Dade Consumer Services Department Small Claims Clinic - Volunteer Attorney
- The Florida Bar, Construction Law Committee, Legislative Sub-Committee - Member
- The Women's Fund, Raise the Bar Host Committee - Past Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Construction Law
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Eleventh Judicial Circuit and Dade County Bar Association 2005, Pro Bono Service Award
- Dade County Bar Association E-Mentoring Program 2006, E-Mentor of the Year
- Florida Real Estate Journal 2007, Recognized as a "Top Woman in Commercial Real Estate"
- The Legal 500 2009, Recommended in the Southeast for Construction
- The Legal 500 2010, Recommended on the East Coast for Construction
- Business Leader Magazine 2011, Recognized as a "South Florida Women Extraordinaire"
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2004, Listed as "Up and Coming"; 2012, 2015, Listed for Construction
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2015, Listed in Florida as one of the "Top 50 Women Lawyers"
- The Legal 500 2011, 2013-2016, Recommended for Real Estate & Construction - Construction
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2010, 2013-2016, Listed in Florida for Construction Litigation: Business, General Litigation, and Class Action/Mass Torts
- Chambers USA 2010-2016, Ranked in Florida for Construction
- American Arbitration Association Neutral/Arbitrator, Listed on AAA Panel of Construction Arbitrators
- Certified Arbitrator
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED® Accredited Professional (LEED AP)
- Board Certified in Construction Law, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization & Education
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.