Recognized in:Class Action LitigationProduct Liability Law
Location:100 King Street West1 First Canadian PlaceSuite 6200, P.O. Box 50Toronto, ON M5X 1B8
- Ontario, The Law Society of Upper Canada
- IADC - Member
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section - Member
- Canadian Bar Association (Ontario) - Member
- Defence Research Institute - Member
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel (FDCC) - Elected Member
- The Advocates’ Society - Past President
- Toronto Commercial Arbitration Society (TCAS) - Member
- Toronto Lawyers Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Product Liability Law, Toronto (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Class Action Litigation
- Product Liability Law
- The Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Litigation Lawyers in Canada: Class Actions
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory : Leading Practitioner Consistently Recommended for Class Actions; Repeatedly Recommended for International Commercial Arbitration; Litigation - Corporate Commercial
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Business Lawyers: Dispute Resolution – Ontario
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings: AV Preeminent
- A leading pharmaceutical company in class actions and individual actions in several jurisdictions defending allegations of failure to warn.
- A leading medical device company in class actions and individual actions in several jurisdictions defending product liability claims.
- A major manufacturer of automotive parts in a long private arbitration involving a long-term supply agreement.
- A leading international manufacturer of waste treatment equipment in defending complex product liability allegations.
- A refinery in a long Ontario trial defending claims of alleged environmental contamination.
- The Receivers of Stanford International Bank in proceedings regarding the forfeiture of funds related to an international fraud and ponzi scheme.
- A major chartered bank in defending allegations of negligence and misrepresentation in individual and proposed class proceedings in three jurisdictions.
- The directors and officers of a bankrupt company in a New Brunswick class action involving allegations of breach of fiduciary duty in respect of the administration of company pension plans.
- A manufacturer of power transmission and distribution equipment in a long New Brunswick trial involving complex claims of breach of contract, negligence and failure to warn, including successfully defending an appeal taken to the Court of Appeal.
- A technology company in a long Ontario trial involving claims by a former senior executive for lost stock options.
- A leading financial processing services company in defence of claims by a former chief executive officer.
- A private investment company in a long Ontario trial arising from a breached share purchase transaction, as well as successfully defending appeals taken to the Ontario Court of Appeal and Supreme Court of Canada.
- Public sector organizations as respondents and affected third parties in Privacy Commission hearings.
TransCanada Tower, Suite 2500
450 1st Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
The Guinness Tower
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018