Silvia M. Alderman
Recognized since 2009
Litigation - Environmental
A former deputy general counsel of the Florida Department of Environmental Regulation (now DEP), Silvia Alderman is the chair of Akerman’s Water Task Force, a team of multidisciplinary legal professionals and consultants advising on the regulatory and environmental challenges facing our clients. Recognized by Chambers USA, Silvia is praised for her “wealth of knowledge representing utilities” as well as being “very strong on administrative law.”
Silvia represents regulated interests such as developers, agricultural businesses, industrial companies, and governmental entities in environmental and land use law. She has served as state-wide wetlands and threatened and endangered species counsel for a Fortune 10 company, and is known for her work with water resources and wastewater regulation.
With extensive experience on environmental and land use matters, Silvia works on environmental permitting and enforcement negotiation and litigation, contracts, land development, state land leasing and easements, and growth management. She has local government comprehensive planning experience, having served as counsel for the Tallahassee-Leon County Planning Commission for 14 years. Silvia also represents clients in connection with numerous developments of regional impact (DRIs) and with comprehensive plan amendment litigation. She is Board Certified by The Florida Bar in State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice.
Contact & Links
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lawyer Page: https://www.akerman.com/en/people/silvia-alderman.html
- 201 East Park Avenue, Suite 300
Tallahassee, FL 32301
- Chadron State College, BS, graduated 1973
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- Florida, 1977
- American Bar Association - Section on Administrative Law and Regulatory Practice, Member, Executive Council, 1993-1995
- Governor Lawton Chiles' Environmental Transition Task Force - Past Member, 1990-1991
- Natural Resources Committee, Florida Chamber of Commerce - Member
- Regulatory Team of the Central Florida Water Initiative - Member, 2014
- St. Thomas More Catholic Church - Pastoral Council Member
- The Florida Bar - State and Federal Government and Administrative Practice Board Certification Grade Review Panel, Member, 2011; Second Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee, Member, 2011; Federal Judicial Nominating Commission, Florida Northern District, Member; Environmen
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
210 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
77 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Environmental, Tallahassee (2015)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Environmental Law
- Litigation - Environmental
- Distinguished Alumna - Chadron State College
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- Real Estate Florida 2009, Recognized as "Woman of Influence"
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2009, 2013, 2015-2016 Listed for Environment & Land Use
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2009, 2010, Listed in Florida as one of the "Top 50 Women Lawyers"
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2010, 2013-2016, Listed in Florida for Environmental and Land Use/Zoning
- Chambers USA 2009-2016, Ranked in Florida for Environment
- Board Certified in State & Federal Government and Administrative Practice, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.