Recognized since 2011
Corporate Compliance Law
Corporate Governance Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Sherrill also represents public companies and advises them on securities compliance and corporate governance matters and follow-on offerings.
In addition, Sherrill co-chairs the firm's Information Privacy & Security practice group, assisting clients in their compliance with state and federal information privacy and security laws and regulations.
Sherrill’s clients value her ability to provide quality legal counsel with practical business advice and creative solutions and her ability to make "legalese" easy to understand. Sherrill especially enjoys working with women-owned or operated businesses.
Her recent representative transactions include:
- Represented Vestas, the world's largest manufacturer of wind turbines, in the $60 million acquisition of UpWind Solutions, Inc., an independent service provider for wind turbines in nine US states.
- Sale of Portland-based Rejuvenation, Inc. to one of the leading home furnishings companies in the nation.
- Represented Climax Portable Machining & Welding Systems in its acquisition of Calder Testers, Inc.
- Represented The Joinery in its 2013 sale to Jon Blumenauer.
- Represented Delphina's Bakery, a locally owned, woman-owned bakery since 1983, in its sale to a strategic buyer.
- Representation of The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (NYSE: GBX) as Oregon counsel in
- its offering of $230 million of 3.5% Convertible Senior Notes due 2018.
- its offering of 3,000,000 shares of common stock.
- its entry into a five-year $245 million revolving line of credit with Bank of America which replaced its existing $100 million credit facility.
- its negotiation of an agreement with General Electric Railcar Services Corporation ("GER"), a subsidiary of GE Capital, GE's financial services business, to modify GER's new railcar manufacturing contract with Greenbrier.
- its negotiation of a $75 million strategic investment from WL Ross & Co. LLC.
- its acquisition of Meridian Rail Holdings Corp. for $230 million in cash.
- Sale of Market Industries, a privately held provider of third-party logistics services and multimodal transportation capacity solutions, for $197 million to UTi Worldwide.
- Sale of a woman-owned design-build general contractor Randolph Construction Services, Inc. to LVI Services Inc., the nation's leading provider of facilities and remediation services.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.tonkon.com/attorneys/Sherrill-Corbett.html
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Pioneer Tower, Suite 1600
888 Southwest Fifth Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
- California, State Bar of California
- Oregon, Oregon State Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Multnomah Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Corporate Governance Law, Portland, OR (2020)
- Corporate Compliance Law, Portland, OR (2017)
- Corporate Governance Law, Portland, OR (2014)
- Corporate Compliance Law, Portland, OR (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Corporate Compliance Law
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers 2006-2016 - Corporate, Merger & Acquisition Law
- Super Lawyers 2008-2009 Oregon Rising Star - Business/Corporate
- Client Choice Awards, USA & Canada 2014 - Mergers & Acquisitions
- Portland Business Journal 2007 - Forty Under Forty
ExperienceAcquisition of Assets of American Allied Represented The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. in connection with acquisitions of assets of American Allied and related entities for $83 million. Acquisition of Market Industries, Inc. Represented Endeavour Capital in acquisitions of Market Industries, Inc. Acquisition of Merchandising Company Represented Endeavour Capital in acquisitions of a merchandising company. Acquisition of Trailer Manufacturer Represented Endeavour Capital in acquisitions of a trailer Manufacturer. Acquisition of UpWind Solutions Represented Vestas, the world's largest manufacturer of wind turbines, in the $60 million acquisition of UpWind Solutions, Inc., an independent service provider for wind turbines in nine US states. Acquisitions of Operating Assets Represented The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. in connection with acquisitions of operating assets of Rail Car America, Inc. (RCA), its American Hydraulics division, and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Brandon Corp., for $34 million. Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreements Represented consumer service provider and retail company in drafting and negotiating a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement with a vendor engaged in collecting and processing consumer personal information on behalf of governmental or public entities for consumer licensing purposes.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.