Sherrill also represents public companies and advises them on securities compliance and corporate governance matters and follow-on offerings.
In addition, Sherrill co-chairs the firm's Information Privacy & Security practice group, assisting clients in their compliance with state and federal information privacy and security laws and regulations.
Sherrill’s clients value her ability to provide quality legal counsel with practical business advice and creative solutions and her ability to make "legalese" easy to understand. Sherrill especially enjoys working with women-owned or operated businesses.
Her recent representative transactions include:
- Represented Vestas, the world's largest manufacturer of wind turbines, in the $60 million acquisition of UpWind Solutions, Inc., an independent service provider for wind turbines in nine US states.
- Sale of Portland-based Rejuvenation, Inc. to one of the leading home furnishings companies in the nation.
- Represented Climax Portable Machining & Welding Systems in its acquisition of Calder Testers, Inc.
- Represented The Joinery in its 2013 sale to Jon Blumenauer.
- Represented Delphina's Bakery, a locally owned, woman-owned bakery since 1983, in its sale to a strategic buyer.
- Representation of The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. (NYSE: GBX) as Oregon counsel in
- its offering of $230 million of 3.5% Convertible Senior Notes due 2018.
- its offering of 3,000,000 shares of common stock.
- its entry into a five-year $245 million revolving line of credit with Bank of America which replaced its existing $100 million credit facility.
- its negotiation of an agreement with General Electric Railcar Services Corporation ("GER"), a subsidiary of GE Capital, GE's financial services business, to modify GER's new railcar manufacturing contract with Greenbrier.
- its negotiation of a $75 million strategic investment from WL Ross & Co. LLC.
- its acquisition of Meridian Rail Holdings Corp. for $230 million in cash.
- Sale of Market Industries, a privately held provider of third-party logistics services and multimodal transportation capacity solutions, for $197 million to UTi Worldwide.
- Sale of a woman-owned design-build general contractor Randolph Construction Services, Inc. to LVI Services Inc., the nation's leading provider of facilities and remediation services.