Recognized since 2010
New London, Connecticut
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Attorney Graves handles personal injury matters of all kinds, including those arising from motorcycle and car accidents, tractor-trailer truck accidents, fall downs, improper sexual conduct, pharmacy prescription errors, product defects, dog bites and tragic incidents resulting in wrongful deaths.
In one of her first major negligence cases, she secured a 2.0 million dollar judgment after a jury trial for a youth who suffered the amputation of three fingers when a wood splitter was improperly activated. More recently, Graves obtained a $8.9 Million Dollar judgment after a trial to a jury for a 27 year old tractor trailer truck driver who suffered serious injury after an oil tanker caused a multi-car collision on I-95. As a result of this multi-million dollar verdict, Graves was named in 2014 to the Connecticut Law Tribune's Personal Injury Hall of Fame as the winner in the Motor Vehicle category.
Graves has also been honored each year with selection for the esteemed publication The Best Lawyers in America since 2010. She has also been chosen repeatedly by Super Lawyers magazine since 2006, as both a Connecticut Super Lawyer, as well as one of New England's Super Lawyers. She is a member of the National Trial Lawyers Association (by invitation), and is named by the organization as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of Connecticut.
Graves is the co-author of Connecticut Trial Evidence Notebook, published by Lexis Law Publishing. The book features an annual supplement that details new judicial decisions on the law of evidence and is commonly used by lawyers and judges in Connecticut.
Based on her credentials and experience, the Connecticut Superior Court appointed Graves in 2009 to serve as a fact finder / arbitrator for the court's dispute resolution program. Since 2003, she has held an elected seat on the Board of Governors of the Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association, an organization dedicated to the rights of injured persons within the civil justice system.
Contact & Links
- One Montauk Avenue, Suite 301
New London, CT 06320
- University of Connecticut, J.D., graduated 1994
- University of Connecticut, BA, graduated 1990
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Connecticut State Court
- United States District Court of Connecticut
- Mashantucket Tribal Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, New London (2020)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, New London (2018)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, New London (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Included in Connecticut Law Tribune's Personal Injury Hall of Fame for the category of Motor Vehicle verdicts and settlements for an $8.9 Million Dollar judgment she obtained after a trial to a jury for a 27 year old tractor trailer truck driver who suffered serious injury after an oil tanker caused a multi-car collision on the highway.
- Ranked as one of "Top 50 Lawyers" in Connecticut by Super Lawyers Magazine each year since 2017
- Ranked as one of "Top 25 Women Lawyers" in Connecticut by Super Lawyers Magazine each year since 2017
- Ranked as one of "Top 100 Lawyers" in New England by Super Lawyers Magazine each year since 2017
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.