Recognized since 2021
Criminal Defense: General Practice
DUI / DWI Defense
Shawn Dominy is a criminal defense attorney, and the primary focus of his practice is representing clients charged with OVI/DUI. Shawn is the past President of the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the state delegate for the National College for DUI Defense and a founding member of the national DUI Defense Lawyers Association. He is also a member of the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association (Criminal Law Committee) and the Better Business Bureau of Central Ohio.
Shawn is a thought leader in the area of DUI defense. He authored the book ‘I Was Charged With DUI/OVI – Now What?!’ (iUniverse Publishing, 2014), as well as a chapter in the book 'Defending DUI Vehicular Homicide Cases (Aspatore Publishing, 2012). He has several published articles, writes regularly for a DUI defense blog, and has presented dozens of lectures on criminal defense and DUI defense.
Shawn completed programs for the Datamaster and the Intoxilyzer breath testing machines and studied forensic gas chromatography at a short course presented by the American Chemical Society. Shawn holds certificates for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration courses in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing and Advanced Roadside Impaired Driving Enforcement.
Shawn is a lifelong resident of central Ohio: he graduated from Olentangy High School and earned his bachelor’s degree and juris doctor from The Ohio State University. His office is in Columbus, and he lives in a Columbus suburb with his wife and daughter. Shawn serves at local community service organizations, volunteers regularly at his church, and plays regularly with his German Shepherd.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://dominylaw.com
- 7716 Rivers Edge Drive, Suite B
Columbus, OH 43235
- Ohio State University, J.D., graduated 1997
- Ohio State University, Bachelor, graduated 1993
- Ohio, 1997
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association - Founding Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Member
- National College for DUI Defense - State Delegate for Ohio
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Past President
- U.S. District Court for Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Criminal Defense: General Practice
- DUI / DWI Defense
- 'Top Lawyer', Columbus CEO magazine
- Client's Choice Award-Avvo
- Top 50 lawyers in Columbus, Ohio-SuperLawyers
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.