Shawn has extensive experience advising clients as a member of the Lending/Insolvency and Commercial Real Estate & Development Teams. He strives to provide value, and believes receiving good counsel is paramount to navigating complex issues.
Shawn works with and acts for property owners; lenders and borrowers, including equipment lessors; insolvency and restructuring professionals, and creditors. He has specific expertise acting for non-resident clients.
Shawn advises clients on:
- Acquisition and development financing
- Operating and capital financing and leasing
- Aircraft, rail, and vessel financing and leasing
- Syndicated loans
- Real estate acquisitions and sales, including: apartment portfolio and bulk unit transactions; resort, luxury residential, and strata hotels; fractional interests and private residence clubs
- Commercial foreclosures, bankruptcy, receivership, restructuring, and other security enforcement proceedings, including: tenant insolvencies; strata wind-ups
- Collaborated with Koffman Kalef colleagues to create an exceptional Strata Wind-up Group
- Completing several successful strata wind-ups in the last 2 years
- Participated on local counsel in connection with the acquisition of Grouse Mountain Resort
- Advised lead leaders on several significant residential and mixed-use syndicated construction project financing
- Completed 500 railcar lease financing transactions
- Structured interim funding and sale/leaseback of a large fleet of aircraft