Shaun A. Hoting
Recognized since 2020
- Commercial Litigation
- Intellectual Property
- Insurance Recovery/Bad Faith
- Legal Malpractice
Shaun Hoting focuses his practice on complex commercial litigation. Shaun’s practice includes litigation related to legal malpractice, contract disputes, patents, copyrights, trademarks, securities, and white collar defense. He has litigated cases involving technologies as diverse as software, cellular telephones, aerospace seals, and waterpark attractions. Shaun’s experience includes drafting motions and memoranda for all stages of litigation, including federal appeal briefs, preliminary injunction motions, motions for summary judgment, Markman briefs, and motions in limine.
Shaun was one of the firm’s primary attorneys for a plaintiff-side legal malpractice action with damages topping nearly $1 billion dollars. He drafted KA’s opposition to summary judgment by the government on a $200 million tax case in which KA’s client is the petitioner. Additionally, Shaun is the “go-to” person in the firm for complex law and motion matters of all types.
From 2010-2012 he was a law clerk to the Honorable Virginia A. Phillips, former Chief Judge of the United States District Court for the Central District of California. In 2007 Shaun was a judicial extern for the Honorable David O. Carter of the Central District of California.
During his federal judicial clerkship, Shaun prepared bench memoranda covering a wide array of subject matter, including breach of contract, false advertising, legal malpractice, civil rights, qui tam, wage and hour employment disputes, production and distribution disputes in the television broadcast industry, and criminal prosecutions by the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Shaun was honored with a “2019 California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year” award for his role as a critical member of the trial team in Yellowstone Women’s First Step House, Inc., et al. v. City of Costa Mesa. Shaun is also listed in The Law Dragon 500 Leading Litigators in America, among the most prestigious international legal directories, and has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America from 2020-2022.
Before coming to Keller/Anderle, Shaun litigated complex commercial and intellectual property cases at a large, international law firm.
- Co-Author, “Insider Trading Enforcement is Getting Faster, More Aggressive, and More Sophisticated,” Orange County Business Journal, April 2013
- Author, “The Kelo Revolution,” 86 University of Detroit Mercy Law Review 65, 65-129, 2009
- Author, “The Crocodile in the Bathtub: An Examination of California’s System for Judicial Election,” American University Criminal Law Brief, 2, 2-15, Vol. 4 Iss. 1, 2009
- March 27, 2019 – “Daily Journal” CLAY Award profile – “Writing the legal blueprint for cities as it relates to sober-living homes”
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 949-476-8700
- Phone Number: 949-476-8700
- Lawyer Page: https://kelleranderle.com/shaun-a-hoting/
- 18300 Von Karman Avenue, Suite 930
Irvine, CA 92612-1057
- University of California - Los Angeles, J.D., graduated 2008
- University of California Berkeley, B.A., graduated 2003
- California, State Bar of California
- Orange County Bar Association - Administration of Justice Committee
- Orange County Bar Association - Legislative Resolutions Committee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth, Eleventh and D.C Circuits
- United States District Courts for Southern District of California, the Southern District of Florida, and the District of the District of Columbia
- California - Trial Courts
5 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
- Commercial Litigation
- The Lawdragon 500 Leading Litigators in America (2023)
- California Lawyer Magazine CLAY Award (California Lawyer Attorneys of the Year), Litigation (2019)
- The Best Lawyers In America®, S. Naifeh & G. Smith (2020-2022), Commercial Litigation
- Los Angeles Magazine, Southern California Super Lawyers®, Civil Litigation Defense (2022)
- The Los Angeles and San Francisco Daily Journals, “Top Defense Verdicts” (2018)
- Appellate Practice
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Legal Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Litigation - Intellectual Property
- Litigation - Patent
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.