Recognized since 2012
Columbia, South Carolina
Banking and Finance Law
Commercial Finance Law
Financial Services Regulation Law
Real Estate Law
Sharon Bramlett represents financial services clients in numerous capacities. A large part of her practice focuses on consumer law, assisting both in-state and out-of-state lenders with licensure and compliance under the South Carolina Consumer Protection Code. She also serves as the South Carolina editor for Houselaw, a national publication dealing with the consumer finance industry.
Sharon has been appointed by three Governors to serve on the Council of Advisors on Consumer Credit, a council of sixteen individuals selected by the Governor to advise the Administrator of the Department of Consumer Affairs on matters relevant to consumer credit and currently serves as the Council’s Chairman.
Sharon also represents clients in commercial transactions involving both real and personal property. She serves as local counsel in multi-state transactions and provides both lenders and borrowers with local counsel opinions. Sharon has served as a member of the Legal Opinion Ad-Hoc Committee of the Corporate, Banking and Securities Law Section of the South Carolina Bar, which has drafted the State Report on Opinion Practice in South Carolina. Sharon assists clients with all types of issues and transactions involving the Uniform Commercial Code, particularly Articles Two and Nine, Sales and Secured Transactions. She also assists clients in workouts and recoveries for commercial and consumer credits.
Sharon is a Past Chair of the Corporate, Banking and Securities Section of the South Carolina Bar and has served on its Task Force on the Unauthorized Practice of Law in Commercial Transactions.
In addition to her banking and consumer compliance practices, Sharon has a real estate practice where she represents purchasers and sellers as well as homeowners associations, tenants and landlords. She also practices corporate law, contract law and public finance law, representing corporate trustees.
- 1201 Main Street, Suite 1800
Columbia, SC 29201
- Gender: Female
- Ethnicity: White
- The University of South Carolina, J.D., graduated 1985
- Furman University, BA, graduated 1980
- South Carolina, South Carolina Bar
- Legal Opinion Ad Hoc Committee of the Corporate, Banking and Securities Law Section of the South Carolina Bar - Member
- Carlaw - Former State Editor for national publication
- Consumer Financial Services Committee of the American Bar Association - Member
- Corporate, Banking and Securities Law Section of the South Carolina Bar - Past Chairman
- Houselaw - State Editor for national publication
- Judicial Qualifications Committee of the South Carolina Bar - Former Member
- South Carolina Bar - Former Council Member, Consumer Law Section
- South Carolina Bar - Former Member Task Force on the Unauthorized Practice of Law in Commercial Transactions
- South Carolina Council of Advisors on Consumer Credit - Chairman
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Columbia, SC (2024)
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Columbia, SC (2022)
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Columbia, SC (2018)
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Columbia, SC (2016)
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Columbia, SC (2014)
- Banking and Finance Law
- Commercial Finance Law
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Real Estate Law
- United Way of the Midlands Community Impact Award (2018)
- Best Lawyers in America "Lawyer of the Year," Financial Services Regulation Law – Columbia, South Carolina (2014, 2016, 2018 and 2022)
- Best Lawyers in America, Commercial Finance Law (2018-2022), Real Estate Law (2018-2022), Financial Services Regulation Law (2012-2022), Banking and Finance (2020-2022)
- Named, Legal Elite of the Midlands, Columbia Business Monthly (2018)
- Recipient, TWIN "Tribute to Women in Industry" Award (2014)
- Awarded, Volunteer of the Year, Palmetto Center for Women (2013)
- Graduate, Leadership South Carolina (2017)
- Graduate, Leadership Columbia (2004)
- Awarded, Boss of the Year, Columbia Legal Secretaries Association (1991)
- Consumer Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.