Shannon B. Schmoyer is a founding partner of Schmoyer Reinhard LLP. Prior to forming the firm, Ms. Schmoyer was a partner at the international law firm of Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld LLP, where she served as the head of Akin Gump’s San Antonio labor and employment law section.
Ms. Schmoyer’s practice focuses on the representation of employers in:
- Employment litigation, including class actions and labor arbitration
- Counseling employers on all aspects of labor and employment law
- Advising management on strategic and complex employment decisions
- Conducting training programs for managers and supervisors on various employment-related topics
Ms. Schmoyer has over 29 years of trial experience in both state and federal court. Her extensive experience includes litigating claims brought under the:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act
- Various state workers’ compensation acts
In addition, she has arbitrated numerous unfair labor practice claims under the National Labor Relations Act and has guided employers through union negotiations and corporate campaigns. Ms. Schmoyer is also an experienced appellate lawyer, representing employers in various state and federal courts of appeals.