Recognized since 2013
Project Finance Law
Public Finance Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Shane W. McCormack practices law with the Business + Transactions, Taxation and Commercial Finance teams at Paul Frank + Collins. Shane provides counsel to entrepreneurs, business clients, banks, property developers, municipalities, investors, underwriters, and utilities in a variety of areas including securities law, business law, commercial lending, contract law, and public finance.
Shane has over 15 years of experience from his past work at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP and, more recently, at Burak Anderson & Melloni, PLC in Vermont. Shane handles a variety of complex corporate law matters, with a particular focus on securities laws for both local and national clients.
Shane’s practice includes the representation of entrepreneurs and start-ups in connection with seed funding, venture capital and private equity financing, and corporate governance matters. As part of this practice, he assists clients with business formation, the drafting of operating agreements, limited partnership agreements, shareholders agreements, securities purchase agreements, and registration rights agreements.
In addition to company-side work, Shane has represented private equity investors, hedge funds and institutional investors in commercial finance transactions involving both privately-held and publicly-traded companies.
Shane was selected for inclusion in the 2015 and 2016 edition of Best Lawyers in America in the areas of Project Finance Law, Public Finance Law, and Capital Markets Law. Shane grew up in Charlotte and Jericho, Vermont and now lives with his family in Underhill.
- One Church Street
P.O. Box 1307
Burlington, VT 05402-1307
- Boston University, M.B.A., graduated 2000
- Vermont, State of Vermont, 2004
- Massachusetts, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 2001
- New York, 2001
- Chittenden County Bar Association - Member
- Lake Champlain Regional Chamber of Commerce - Leadership Champlain Alumni
- Lyric Theatre Company - Board Member
- Vermont Bar Association - Member
- Vermont State Guard - Legal Officer
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2010
- Project Finance Law
- Public Finance Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Super Lawyers, New England Rising Star, 2008-2011, 2014-2015
- Venture Capital Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.