Shahir Guindi Ad. E.
Recognized in:Biotechnology LawCorporate Law...
Languages:Arabic, English, French
Location:1000, rue De La Gauchetière OuestBureau 2100Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
- New York, New York State Bar Association
- Quebec, Barreau du Québec
- Association du Barreau du Québec - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Biotechnology Law, Montréal (2017)
- Information Technology Law, Montréal (2015)
- Technology Law, Montréal (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada for work in:
- Biotechnology Law
- Corporate Law
- Information Technology Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Private Funds Law
- Technology Law
- Venture Capital Law
- Lexpert’s Top 40 Under 40 Awards
- Lexpert Special Edition: Canada’s Leading Corporate Lawyers
- The Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Corporate Lawyers in Canada : Technology Transactions; Corporate Finance & Securities
- The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (top rankings in 8 categories): Private Equity, Corporate Commercial Law, Corporate Mid-Market, Mergers & Acquisitions, Technology Transactions and Computer & IT Law; Biotechnology; Corporate Finance & Securities
- DataWind Inc., in connection with its $30 million initial public offering and listing on the Toronto Stock Exchange.
- MEGA Brands in connection with its proposed US$460 million acquisition by Mattel.
- POSCO of Korea and China Steel Corporation of Taiwan in their $1.1 billion investment in ArcelorMittal Mines Canada’s iron ore mine business.
- Turris Sites in its sale of a controlling interest to InSite Wireless of the United States and a subsequent securitization transaction.
- SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries Corporation) in direct equity investments into North America.
- Jubilant Organosys Ltd. of India in its $250 million acquisition of NASDAQ and TSX listed Draxis Health Inc.
- Beyond the Rack, in over $80M of financings, including with Highland Capital and Panorama.
- Accedian Networks in its various financings, including the $25M financing by Summit Capital andRho Capital.
- Hopper Travel in its various financings totalling over $20 million, including by Atlas Ventures and Omers Ventures.
- Investors in Enerkemin over $50M of various financings.
- Investissement Québec and Desjardins Capital de risque in their acquisition of GFI Informatique.
- Oz Communications Inc. in its sale to Nokia Corporation.
- Persistence Capital Partners in the disposition of MedAxio Insurance Medical Services to Gamma-Dynacare and the Medisys Independent Medical Assessment division of Medisys Corporate Health to SCM Insurance Services.
- Radialpoint, in all of its financings in an aggregate amount of approximately $200 million.
- Formation of the following funds: Rho Canada, Persistence Capital Partners, Inovia Capital, Real Ventures, TVM Capital, Lumira Fund II, Lumira Merck, Celtic House, Sanderling, CTI Life Sciences, Tandem Launch Technologies, Cycle Capital and others.
- Teralys Capital in the formation of the $1.3 billion managed fund of funds.
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: corporate legal reform project.
- Genuity Capital Markets, BMO Nesbitt Burns and the rest of the underwriting syndicate in Miranda Technologies Inc.’s IPO.
- AXA Private Equity, CBC Pension Fund and Caisse de dépôt in the establishment of two Novacap Funds, namely Novacap Technologies III and Novacap Industries III, in an aggregate amount of $600 million.
- Investors in Topigen Pharmaceuticals Inc. in various equity and debt financings (over $75 million) and in the sale to Pharmaxis.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement, Tandem Capital, Rho Capital, Inovia Capital, Real Ventures, Garage Technology, Ventures West, Vimac Ventures, Entrepia Ventures, Desjardins Venture Capital, Société Innovatech du Grand Montréal and Investissement Québec in several private equity and venture capital investments.
- Investment banks in public offerings in various financings, Caprion, Kangaroo TV,Redline Communications, Diagnocure, Nstein Technologies.
TC Energy Tower, Suite 2500
450 1st Street, SW
Calgary, AB T2P 5H1
1055 West Hastings Street, Suite 1700
The Guinness Tower
Vancouver, BC V6E 2E9
340 Albert Street, Suite 1900
Ottawa, ON K1R 7Y6
1000, rue De La Gauchetière Ouest
Montréal, QC H3B 4W5
620 Eighth Avenue, 36th Floor
New York, NY 10018