Recognized since 2007
Banking and Finance Law
Equipment Finance Law
Seth Jacobson is the leader of the banking practice in the Chicago office. He represents lenders and borrowers in connection with various types of sophisticated financing transactions in a wide variety of industries. Typical transactions include asset-based loans, leveraged term loans, other secured financings, leasing arrangements and complex intercreditor arrangements.
Mr. Jacobson has extensive experience advising both borrowers and lenders in connection with secured credit facilities and intercreditor agreements.
Significant transactions include representation of:
- Fortress Investment Group LLC in its $340 million senior secured credit facility;
- Intrawest ULC in its $650 million of first- and second-lien credit facilities;
- J.C. Penney Company, Inc. in its $1.5 billion senior secured credit facility;
- Bank of America, N.A. and Deutsche Bank AG in the $1.25 billion senior secured loan facility for certain subsidiaries of Algeco Scotsman Group;
- Bank of America, N.A. in the $800 million senior secured credit facility for Novelis Inc.;
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in the $850 million senior secured credit facility for JBS USA, LLC and certain of its subsidiaries;
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. in the $800 million senior secured credit facility for Sunoco, Inc.;
- UBS AG in the $300 million global senior secured credit facility for Tronox Incorporated and Tronox Limited, and certain of their subsidiaries;
- Silver Point Finance, LLC in approximately $500 million of first- and second-lien credit facilities for Pacific Energy Resources, and in connection with the restructuring of Nautic Global Group LLC; and
- US Airways in its mutual asset purchase agreement with Delta involving the purchase and sale of slots at New York and Washington, D.C. airports.
In addition to traditional financing arrangements, Mr. Jacobson has extensive experience in aircraft finance transactions and other leasing transactions. Mr. Jacobson represented ArcLight Capital Partners, LLC in its $1 billion leveraged lease financing of geothermal power facilities. In addition, he represented US Airways in connection with various aircraft financing programs including lease and mortgage financings of more than 85 new Airbus aircraft between 1998 and 2001, and the restructuring of lease and mortgage financing arrangements for more than 200 aircraft during US Airways’ first Chapter 11 proceeding. Mr. Jacobson’s representation of US Airways also included, among other things, structuring, documenting and closing in excess of $2 billion in enhanced equipment trust certificates in both public offerings and private placements, and the negotiation and documentation of its $1.6 billion senior secured credit facility.
Mr. Jacobson repeatedly has been listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, The Best Lawyers in America, IFLR1000 and the International Who’s Who of Banking Lawyers.
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Equipment Finance Law
- Asset-Based Lending
- Bankruptcy and Workouts
- Structured Finance
Other Court Admissions
- U.S. Supreme Court
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.