Mr. Garrison is a partner of the firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology Practice Group. His practice focuses on these major areas:
- Counseling clients in the identification, selection, clearing, registration, protection and licensing of their intellectual property rights;
- Prosecuting and defending clients in intellectual property litigation in both federal and state courts, including claims for trademark infringement and counterfeiting, copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, patent infringement, domain name infringement and cybersquatting, trade dress infringement, infringement of rights of publicity, unfair competition and false advertising;
- Counseling clients in connection with software licensing compliance and responding to software audit requests;
- Conducting website reviews for compliance with state, federal and international laws and regulations;
- Counseling clients in assessing, preventing and responding to threats and liabilities relating to their computer systems and data;
Mr. Garrison has represented large multinational businesses as well as individual owners of intellectual property rights. In helping his clients enforce their rights, Mr. Garrison has successfully obtained multimillion-dollar judgments and settlements and numerous preliminary and permanent injunctions on their behalf against third party infringers.