Sean Alden Smith
Recognized since 2021
Roseland, New Jersey
For more than 15 years, Sean has focused his practice on representing both corporations and individuals in their business and commercial litigations, personal matters, and complex high-net-worth matrimonial matters. A seasoned litigator, Sean has honed his extensive litigation skills to effectively represent clients in all aspects of their lives by custom-tailoring solutions to their complicated, and often sensitive, problems. Sean prides himself on the long-term relationships that he has developed and maintained with these clients.
As a result of Brach Eichler’s significant presence in the healthcare industry and business world, Sean often represents physicians and other closely held business owners (or their family members) in their business/regulatory disputes and family matters. Sean focuses his practice on healthcare regulatory and statutory disputes; multifamily property matters; and family services including estate and tax planning, prenuptial agreements, matrimonial/divorce matters, child custody/protection issues, grandparent visitation rights, kinship guardianships, and domestic violence.
Sean’s work has led him to be recognized within the legal community as a leader. In 2013, he was recognized for his development as a skilled litigator through his selection by the New Jersey Law Journal as a “New Leader of the Bar.” By 2015, he was recognized as a leader with the family bar when he was asked to co-chair the Essex County Bar Association Family Law Executive Committee, a position he still holds today. Sean often sits as an early settlement and blue ribbon panelist to assist the Court, attorneys, and litigants in the resolution of complex family law matters in New Jersey. Additionally, Sean was named to The Best Lawyers in America© for 2021.
Prior to joining Brach Eichler, Sean served as a law clerk to the Honorable Sybil R. Moses, A.J.S.C. (ret.), New Jersey Superior Court.
- 101 Eisenhower Parkway
Roseland, NJ 07068
- Loyola University Maryland, B.A.
- Seton Hall University, J.D.
- New Jersey, 2001
- New York, 2002
- American Bar Association - Member
- Barry Croland Family Law Inn of Court - Member
- Essex and Union Counties - Early Settlement Panelist
- Essex County Bar Association Family Law Executive Committee - Co-Chair
- New Jersey State Bar Association - Member
- New York State Bar Association - Member
- Partners for Women and Justice - Pro Bono Counsel to Domestic Violence Victims
- Westfield Lacrosse Club - Member
- Westfield Soccer Association - Member
- YMCA Swimming - Level II Official
19 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
10 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Family Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.